in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-14-2010 3:27 AM by Michael. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-09-2010 5:04 AM

Upgrade to BV7-32

Hello All,

My first post on here so please be gentle!

I was in my local B&O store at the weekend, looking to buy a BeoVision 7. I am torn between the 40" and the 32". The 40 is slightly too large for my living room but only just so I am very tempted.

However, the dealer said that a new version of the 32" was due and it would improve the refresh rate of the screen to be 200 Hz (like the BV7-40) and also change the DVD player to also be Bluray. If this is the case it would make the decision easier because the difference between the two models would be massively reduced.

Has anyone more information on this?

Also, I think the dealer was wrong about this, but if watching a DVD over existing master link, would there be a loss of quality on the link TV compared with the main room TV?

Thanks

• 06-09-2010 5:14 AM In reply to

Re: Upgrade to BV7-32

Hi Steve!

Welcome to the forum!

Regarding your question on quality degradation over Masterlink:

Yes, the signal transmitted will be analogue so there is a degradation in picture quality.

Regrading the upcoming update of the BV7 32" I´m sure someone in the forum will be able to provide details.

/C

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 06-09-2010 7:56 AM In reply to

Hey Steven,

I'm in the same boat as you, would like the tech of the BV7-40 but in the BV7-32 package. In talking with stores and on Beoworld, the BV7-32 isn't targeted for any tech upgrades (although I'd love to be wrong on this one as it would make my buying decision a lot easier).

Can anyone shed any light on upcoming BV7-32 updates ?

Thanks !!

• 06-14-2010 1:13 AM In reply to

So no positives - but can anyone confirm its NOT being updated ?

Purchase advice so anything gratefully received !!

• 06-14-2010 1:31 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

I should have asked at the B&O store in Sydney.  I just got back from Sydney for the long weekend.  

B&O City Store said that they are having a bit of a clearance to make way for new stock and well the store in the DJ's mens store said that they were closing (on Sat just gone) and moving to Paddington. 

So this means that there are now no B&O available in any DJ's?  

• 06-14-2010 3:20 AM In reply to

Oh no, I quite liked the fact that B&O were in David Jones. Not that it should worry me now I am in London....

• 06-14-2010 3:27 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Hi Steve,

If you're not desperate, maybe you should wait until they do announce more info on the 32".  It would make sense that B&O would change the spec to include blu ray and a higher refresh rate in a great size such as 32"

Remember back in the day when a 68cm was the ultimate.  I think TV's still look great in those 'smaller' sizes. :-)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)