in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-03-2010 6:06 AM by slupascu. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2010 9:56 AM

Beosound 3200 pin code problem ! - please help -

Hi there,

Another day, another problem :) 

I took a Beosound 3200 from a relative that really didn't know anything about this system.

I tried to get it going , but unfortunately I couldn't because of the PIN code. The system was bought by the girl's father and I think only him knew the pincode. Unfortunately the man died in an accident and nobody knows the PIN

I brought the Beosound 3200 to the B&O dealer in town asking for help and they told me everything is perfect about the system, but they can't give me a new PIN code . They asked for arround 150 GBP for a master reste. They told me it can be done only in Struer/Denmark wich is hard to belive in my opinion.

Did any of you face this issue before ? Is there another method to reset a PIN code for the latest generation B&O products ?

Thank you all for your answers.

Regards,

Stefan

• 05-13-2010 10:07 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 3200 pin code problem ! - please help -

The dealer is not completely correct. If you can prove that this is your system then the dealer contacts Struer who will send you the master code for this product by post. This will allow you to reset the product. No dealer will order this without checking that the device is not stolen. If you can show that this is the case, I see no reason why you cannot get the code. I think £150 is ridiculous - I would expect any charge in a case like this to be strictly nominal. The master code for each product is unique so only Struer can help.

• 05-13-2010 10:09 AM In reply to

There is no way around it without the help of the dealer - that's the whole purpose of the system.

However, they should be able to get you a master code, which can be used to reset the PIN. You will have to prove that you are the rightful owner of the system.

This shouldn't need a trip to Struer and it should not cost that much, though. Maybe try a different dealer.

-mika

• 05-13-2010 10:19 AM In reply to

Thank you all for your answers.

I don't think my late cousin has any papers for it. I will ask her again, but I'm affraid she won't find anything for me . I can't go to another dealer since in Romania there is only one B&O dealer in Bucharest so tuff luck :)

My cousin found a PIN code formed by four digits written by his father in the agenda in the format xxxx (4 digits) and I gave that to the dealer and they told me it doesn't work...

If there is no other way than I will pay for the master reset since I have no other option

Regards

Stefan

Thx again for the fast answers.

This forum is fantastic and I admire you guys for offering so much knowledge for free.

• 06-03-2010 5:10 AM In reply to

Hi again,

I went back to my dealer yesterday with the Beosound 3200 that I told you about and they told me there is nothing that can be done without a proof of purchase since the system was purchased in Uk and used in Spain which might indicate a theft attempt. (I said yeah... great ... Like people never move or something...)

I really had a bad experience with this system and lots of problems. It's not like I paid something for it , but I really had some hopes to get it going and now it seems it's usless.

Can you give me any advice ? Is there another way to use it without a master reset code? or should I just sell it for spares & repairs...

Thanks a lot

Stef

• 06-03-2010 5:57 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

If you can find the dealer who originally sold the system and confirm the true ownership
    with him, I suppose that would do.
    Otherwise - no luck.

It's only a bad experience because someone threw away the code.
    It's a fact that Bang & Olufsens newer products are so sought after, also by people who
    cannot afford to buy them, that they get stolen more than frequently.
    Something had to be done about it and B&O came up with this system. The only downside
    for the owners is a simple code and they can easily live with that, just like they do with their car stereo.
    It's a fine system but with neither proof of purchase nor pincode, there's nothing you can do with it besides
    selling it for parts and I suppose most buyers would ask for proof of purchase even then.

Martin

• 06-03-2010 6:06 AM In reply to

ok, thx for the reply.

will try my best to check for any documents since I'm sure the system was working at the previous owner and I'm sure he didn't steal it . ... but I can't bet that the guy who sold it to him a few years ago was a honest man .

I will ask B&O for a further investigation.

Regards,

Stef

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)