in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-01-2010 5:35 PM by Daniel. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-26-2010 3:46 PM

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

B&O ease of use

A typical event in a B&O equipped home. 
    ...working in the study. listening to some good music (CD 3200 or Beosound 5). My wife comes in, she likes the music, goes back into the living room and brings the speakers there to life with the same music. Later on, I turn the music off in the study, move upstairs to another room and ... link the sounds to a different room again. The magic: clever linking with masterlink and BL and equipment that can be controlled easily with Beo4 or 5.

Reading all the posts on "best" / "worst" B&O equipment, I just wanted to emphasize on one of the key points of the brand. Ease of use and integration without having to be a "rocket scientists"...

Wishing you all a great experience !

• 05-26-2010 5:06 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: B&O ease of use

Excellent point, very well made Smile

• 05-29-2010 2:16 AM In reply to

Opman:

Excellent point, very well made Smile

we are on the same wave length !

I made similar comments in the thread about "beyond B&O design" Smile

see here

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-29-2010 1:31 PM In reply to

Very true but we were doing this 20 years ago. I think we should have moved to multi-source by now and the lack of two way is disappointing. 20 years ago, Beolink was magic; it is not that unusual now and systems like Sonos offer more from an interface point of view. I am not changing but B&O should be at the cutting edge again.

• 05-29-2010 2:41 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

pf85:

Ease of use and integration without having to be a "rocket scientists"...

Sure, when it works! Blu-ray playback stutters and judders across the old masterlink, HD picture quality deteriorates over the analogue signal, you can't send a HD audio signal across masterlink, plus there's an audio delay between rooms (using the BV7-40).

Plus you can do what you want far cheaply and more effectively using Sonos or an iPod+Aiport.

As Peter implies, B&O haven't moved with the times. If you simply want to link up audio and play back across analogue masterlink, sure it works fine. Problem is, this is what were were doing in 1985...

• 05-29-2010 4:52 PM In reply to

pf85:

A typical event in a B&O equipped home. 
    ...working in the study. listening to some good music (CD 3200 or Beosound 5). My wife comes in, she likes the music, goes back into the living room and brings the speakers there to life with the same music. Later on, I turn the music off in the study, move upstairs to another room and ... link the sounds to a different room again. The magic: clever linking with masterlink and BL and equipment that can be controlled easily with Beo4 or 5.

Reading all the posts on "best" / "worst" B&O equipment, I just wanted to emphasize on one of the key points of the brand. Ease of use and integration without having to be a "rocket scientists"...

Wishing you all a great experience !

I agree with you completely. The simple and flawless  operation of every source I have connected is a constant source of pleasure and satisfaction with the products.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 05-29-2010 4:53 PM In reply to

Not to mention that it gives you a skin rash and blurs your vision. And those marks it leaves on the carpet! Don't let B&O fool you, it's all rubbish and the millions of wealthy people who own and enjoy them aren't nearly as clever as they think. More money than brains I always say (and as we know, the best way to get rich is to be utterly stupid and spend your money frivolously). I for one am sick of B&O robbing me of all possible joy with their obsolete nonsense.

I am, by the way, a true and dedicated fan of this prestigious company, I simply don't like anything they make, how it's made, where it's made, why it's made, anyone who works for them, or what they stand for. They are the greatest. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-29-2010 5:30 PM In reply to

Laughing In my view B&O make some great equipment. I do not however think that they are at one of their highs at present. I look forward to the developments to come with the variations on the Beosound 5 theme and the change in Masterlink. The fact we can still enthuse about Beolink some 25 years after its introduction shows what a superbly thought out system it is. I just want to be amazed again - please!

• 05-29-2010 8:42 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

Not to mention that it gives you a skin rash and blurs your vision. And those marks it leaves on the carpet! Don't let B&O fool you, it's all rubbish and the millions of wealthy people who own and enjoy them aren't nearly as clever as they think. More money than brains I always say (and as we know, the best way to get rich is to be utterly stupid and spend your money frivolously). I for one am sick of B&O robbing me of all possible joy with their obsolete nonsense.

I am, by the way, a true and dedicated fan of this prestigious company, I simply don't like anything they make, how it's made, where it's made, why it's made, anyone who works for them, or what they stand for. They are the greatest. 

Never mind Trip, why don't you Have_A_Cup_Of_Tea,_A_Bex_and_A_Good_Lie_Down

And like Peter, I enjoyed your inverted/perverted humour Laughing but we will now have to deconfuse some Beoworlders

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-30-2010 1:39 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I'm really not very keen on B&O anymore. I'll continue loving their products from the past, but sadly i can see myself eventually changing to another brand when all this new technology becomes the norm, if they don't start getting back up to the standard that they used to be at.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-01-2010 5:35 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Today I had a full refund for the cost of installation (money and time, all cables hidden) of my master link system.

We were having dinner in the kitchen and I listened to the tennis (Federer vs Söderling) on the radio. Söderling had just made a break and was about to serve for victory, when my 3 years old daughter says "I must go to the toilet". A quick rush down the hall, enter the bath room and before switching on the light I switched on the speakers.

She did what she came for and looked surprised at her father jumping around celebrating the Swedish victory in Paris.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)