in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-29-2010 10:21 AM by Dillen. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2010 2:43 PM

beomaster 3300 blown?

Hi there, I dont know if anyone can help me out with this problem.

I have recently purchased a complete 3300 system, cd, tape,tuner,player and speakers. It worked fine for about a week but in that time i have built a unit for it and have just put it all back together and it now seems to blow the amp when i plug the speakers in.

I have tried it in cd mode and it buzzes for a split second and then shuts down, unplug it and it works again until the speakers are connected, then it blows again, It does this in all modes, but if i take the speakers off you can see all modes work fine, cd plays and advances etc etc, tape plays advances etc etc, all tuner programmes work, volume indicator goes up and down etc etc, but the second i connect the speakers it pops and shut down. I then unplug the 240v wait a minute and plug them all back in and they are all ok again.

Can anyone help,  Regards derm

• 05-23-2010 3:34 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: beomaster 3300 blown?

Welcome to Beoworld !

Sounds like a problem with one of the speakers or speaker leads.
    Can you tell if the problem is related to one speaker ?
    Try connecting only one speaker at a time.

Martin

• 05-23-2010 4:00 PM In reply to

Check there is not a short in one of the speaker plugs. Does it work with headphones?

• 05-25-2010 2:51 PM In reply to

Hi Peter,

I never checked the head phones, but will do when i find someone who has some with a large jack. all of mine are small i pod type. Might have to go to Maplins and buy an adapter. I will let you know the outcome.

• 05-25-2010 3:42 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

While you're in Maplins buy some 2 pin DIN speaker cables, I too suspect that is your problem. They sell moulded ones with male plugs & bare wires for connecting to any make of speaker or ones with male & female plugs for most B&O speakers.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-29-2010 9:31 AM In reply to

Hi Chris,

well finally got round to Maplins and got the headphone adapter and speaker plugs. Connected the speaker leads to the plugs and hey presto they blew it again, same as before, the second i connect any speakers to it POP and off it goes, had to unplug it again to reset. So next i tried the head phones, first in cd, just a low hum same in tape, but in radio i could hear the channels and music, but after about 1 minute i noticed smoke and an acrid smell coming out from the top of the master, the ipod ear phones seemed to be getting a little warm also. Can you shed any light on this matter, any help will do.

Regards Damon

• 05-29-2010 10:21 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Sounds like it could need servicing.
    The amplifier is one large chip so not very hard to replace but I would
    measure around a little first if I was to repair it. It could be a power supply fault too.
    Or both.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)