in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-01-2010 8:56 AM by dilznik. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2010 4:42 AM

Beosound 4 blinking red

Hi there,

I had a power outage today and since the power came back on, my BS4 is blinking red and won't let me put in the PIN code.  The glass goes up when I'm at it but the buttons don't react and the PIN entry menu thing doesn't come up.  It just sits there blinking.

Any ideas?

• 06-01-2010 5:24 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 4 blinking red

I suspect that you have messed up the pincode entry and will now need to leave it for at least 3 hours until the system will allow you to re-enter the correct pin code.

This is all described in your user manual!

Take a tip from me........when you do get it working.........de-activate the pin code system ( also described in the user manual ). That way you won't have this problem in the future.

Tip number 2 is to upgrade your subscription to BeoWorld and you will have access to the user manual if you have mis-placed the one that came with the unit when it was first purchased.

I will now get off my soapbox and crawl back in my holeHmm

Regards Graham

• 06-01-2010 5:32 AM In reply to

Overvoltage possible? Do you have a surge protection? Try to reset with disconnection all cables and interconnects.

Br A.

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 06-01-2010 8:56 AM In reply to

Thanks for the responses guys.  It was doing all kinds of weird wacky things like starting the radio and not going off, it let me put my PIN in but wouldn't turn off, and the BL3500 wasn't responding at all.  So I disconnected the BL3500 and voila, the BS4 works fine.  Long story short, I traced the problem to the little splitter box thing (the one where you have to stab the individual wired into box) and all is well with the world.

I was kind of surprised about that.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)