in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-05-2007 5:24 AM by Meng. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-04-2007 6:48 AM

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Echo Serene

Hi, I got a question for those who own a Serene. When I make a call with my Serene I am under the impression that I can hear an echo (from myself) speaking but I am not 100% sure. This does not always occur and is not continously during a call. Or could it just be noise on the background? Anyone has the same experience with this?

Greetz Marc

• 07-04-2007 1:32 PM In reply to

• Beophile
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 42
    • Bronze Member

Re: Echo Serene

I have the same problem with the Serene that you do.  However, with my Serene the echo occurs for the person on the other end of the call.  They can hear a delay of themselves.  Like your echo, it does not happen all the time and does not happen throughout the entire call. 

It is VERY annoying for the person I am speaking with and to be honest it is very embarrassing for me.  I get criticized for buying a phone that costs so much and have been asked what features does it have that makes it so special.....I usually respond with "while it doesn't have any exceptional technical features...it looks and sounds great"....then the echo starts leaving me with nothing to say except "well at least it still looks good."

I have tried to think of everything I can to solve the echo problem.  I got a new SIM card, switched carriers, etc.  Nothing worked....However, I have noticed that the echo does not occur if I use a Bluetooth headset.  Bang & Olufsen was nice enough to swap out my phone for a new one.  However, the echo still occurs on the new one....but admittedly not nearly as often.  If you ever find a solution.....I'd love to hear about it.  I'm such a die hard Beonut that I'll still use the phone...even if it does have problems.

Filed under:
  • 07-04-2007 6:25 PM In reply to

Both I and my partner have Serenes and talk several times a day and I have not noticed this problem. Is it really obvious or faint? I will keep an ear out!

My present problem with the Serenes is that we cannot get them to work between Los Angeles and Sydney. We were guaranteed that there would not be a problem. Texting between Sydney and various european cities has not been a problem but USA is proving a problem. Anyone aware of a fix? My local dealer is also looking into it at the moment.

Patrick

• 07-05-2007 5:24 AM In reply to

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Maybe it is faint, I don´t know for sure..........I noticed that ´the problem´ occurs when I call someone on their cellphone, not when I call to a phone you have in your house (do not know how to call that exactly, hope you know what I mean).......maybe it is the connection..........when there are almost no people with the same problem I think I should not worry about it..............
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)