in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-15-2010 3:23 PM by 9 LEE. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2010 1:03 PM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Prize Draw

hello what membership level do i need to have to get entered into the prize draw each month?

i read the rules and regs for the prize but that says you dont need any membership level for entry which is confusing me.

i got it becoming a gold member will automatically enter me into the draw that is the best option.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 05-15-2010 1:28 PM In reply to

Re: Prize Draw

There is some legislation that says you can't charge people to enter a prize draw as it is gambling, or something to that effect, so if you send a letter or postcard to Beoworld each month you can enter the draw for free. Not that I would bother as the prizes are supported either directly or indirectly by the subs, as Lee owns Lifestyle AV and Beoworld, so if you won you'd have a prize paid for by someone else's sub money!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 05-15-2010 2:14 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

yeah i think i found that out after some reading i will join up and get in that draw

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 05-15-2010 3:23 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Yes, that's quite correct.  The Lotteries and Gaming Act (or such like) states that it must be free to enter.  We do abide by these rules, hence the 'send your name and address on a postcard' line.  We do get a few entries each month, which are duly entered - and i think we've had one winner from these.

To eradicate any 'did you get my postal entry or not' issues and any ensuing 'you didn't enter me' questions, we ask for the entry to be sent by Recorded or Special Delivery (ie Signed For) to make absolutely sure the entry has been received.  This makes it 100% above board that we have received and signed for any postal entries - and they are guaranteed to be in that months draw.

That said, it actually works out cheaper to be a Gold Member (and a lot less effort)...  

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)