in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-19-2010 4:14 PM by Medogsfat. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2010 4:21 PM

I'm sick of B&O manuals on ebay!

Sorry...just had to rant for a second.  I'm so tired of looking for things on ebay and finding the listings completely cluttered with sellers just selling the manual for a B&O item.  Seems like recently on the US ebay at least today it is out of control!

• 05-18-2010 4:23 PM In reply to

Re: I'm sick of B&O manuals on ebay!

KEYWORDS: olufsen -manual* Big Smile

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-18-2010 4:26 PM In reply to

You're sick of them?! I scanned all these and now see someone selling them without a by your leave! Why he lists the Beogram 3000 Acoustical is beyond me! Only ever come across one! And the writing on the outside of the manual is mine!

• 05-18-2010 4:33 PM In reply to

Peter :

You're sick of them?! I scanned all these and now see someone selling them without a by your leave! Why he lists the Beogram 3000 Acoustical is beyond me! Only ever come across one! And the writing on the outside of the manual is mine!

OK I figured that someone had ripped off Beoworld.org!  Sorry to hear that...impossible to go after I'm sure.

Thanks for the tip Jaff I will use it next time!

• 05-18-2010 5:57 PM In reply to

• bossbrad
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-02-2009
    • Colorado, USA
    • Posts 57
    • Gold Member

My personal favorite are the overpriced parts on eBay. $150 bucks for ONE Used BeoLab 6000 woofer... Brand new they are less than $60.

:-/

• 05-19-2010 1:27 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Quite disturbing, I agree.
    Selling CDR or pdf copies of documents is not legal according to Ebay regulations.
    I've reported some of the listings but nothing happens.
    Maybe if we all joined forces and reported a lot of the listings.

Martin

• 05-19-2010 6:43 AM In reply to

agreed

• 05-19-2010 6:50 AM In reply to

Dillen:

Quite disturbing, I agree.
    Selling CDR or pdf copies of documents is not legal according to Ebay regulations.
    I've reported some of the listings but nothing happens.
    Maybe if we all joined forces and reported a lot of the listings.

Martin

I used report people selling .pdf manuals on a regular basis, but nothing at all is ever done.

Simon

• 05-19-2010 7:13 AM In reply to

It's daft, isn't it? Yet PayPal nail sellers all on trust from disgruntled buyers. Perhaps we should all buy a manual from this guy then all stick in PP complaints and have his account frozen! Anyone know who it is, BTW?

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 05-19-2010 12:09 PM In reply to

sounds like a plan to me :)

• 05-19-2010 3:07 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

I'm not sure if Paypal would be the best payment method.
    As soon as Paypal is used, all Ebay regulations are set aside.

Martin

• 05-19-2010 3:50 PM In reply to

Hi:

I don't know who it is but  I seem to remember that someone from here complained directly to the person doing it and he replied with something like "only trying to earn a living guv" (well probably not the guv bit).

Totally out of order as far as  I am concerned. As a student I am on a bit of a tight budget. However come September  I will be a fully employed teacher and will take out membership. That said, if I needed a manual I would ask someone nicely on here - I wouldn't countenance for one second buying one off of him/her although I think it was/is a him.

Thanks

Graham

• 05-19-2010 4:14 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Graham1982:

I don't know who it is but  I seem to remember that someone from here complained directly to the person doing it and he replied with something like "only trying to earn a living guv" (well probably not the guv bit).

Well that was me who challenged one of these sellers who I KNOW to have joined Beoworld as a silver member for one year & promptly downloaded every single manual on site for sale on ebay. The message he sent to me went quite a bit firther than "only trying to earn a living" and was in fact a pretty nasty twisted xenophobic rant blaming the influx of non - nationals (that isn't how he put it) for his need to resort to this to make a living.

There seems to be a fair few others doing exactly the same now though. I too used to report these to ebay on a daily basis until I decided my sanity & time were worth far more than worrying about such people.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)