in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-15-2010 6:50 PM by TripEnglish. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2010 6:06 AM

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

MasterLink Gateway and iPhone app

Just installed our ML gateway in a 4 zone system, all programmed up to work with the iPhone app in less than 40 mins. A doddle!

Works great and seems to be pretty robust.

Ah well, now on the programming for the Lutron and Control4....................................

• 05-12-2010 12:13 PM In reply to

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Re: MasterLink Gateway and iPhone app

Thinking of getting one MLGW my self, nice to hear that is't that quick to get going!

How is the startup time for the Iphone app (the time until you for example can turn on the TV from that you launch the app)? Is it fast enough to use instead of the remotes?

/Lars

• 05-12-2010 2:21 PM In reply to

Does anyone know how can i integrate MLGW to my fully wired Instabus (https://www.swe.siemens.com/greece/internet/en/pss/industry/eit/Pages/Instabus.aspx) house??

-Dimitris

• 05-14-2010 8:16 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

I'm having some trouble with the MLGW. .

I can't get it to change to "DHCP"

When i tell it to do so and apply changes it just 'updates' for about 2 hours

then nothing happens.

I've tried several times. .. have reset to original settings. . 

any tips?

MJM

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 05-14-2010 10:35 PM In reply to

mjmedlo:

I'm having some trouble with the MLGW. .

I can't get it to change to "DHCP"

When i tell it to do so and apply changes it just 'updates' for about 2 hours

then nothing happens.

I've tried several times. .. have reset to original settings. . 

any tips?

MJM

You should be able to change to DHCP easily, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's either unnecessary or potentially troublesome. When other net-aware systems communicate with the MLGW, they locate it using the IP address 192.168.1.10. This is the default. If it's only being used to control B&O globally than there's also no need to change it. Static IP is the way to go.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-15-2010 10:53 AM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

Trip,

When using a Static IP do you leave the MLGW connected to your computer at all times?

Or just program it at the computer, leave it static, then relocate it to wherever it is to be used permanently?

Also, do you happen to have software version 1.40? I can't get my MLGW to connect to the internet to go get it. . it looks for a while then says "name lookup time out"

Thanks

• 05-15-2010 11:22 AM In reply to

Hi

You can download MLGW Bios from:

http://mlgw.bang-olufsen.dk/source/source/

/*

BeoVision 4 - 50 HD -  Beo5 - Beolab 5 - Beolab 7-1 - Beolab 6000 .

• 05-15-2010 11:27 AM In reply to

mjmedlo:

Trip,

When using a Static IP do you leave the MLGW connected to your computer at all times?

Or just program it at the computer, leave it static, then relocate it to wherever it is to be used permanently?

Also, do you happen to have software version 1.40? I can't get my MLGW to connect to the internet to go get it. . it looks for a while then says "name lookup time out"

Thanks

MLGW,

The MLGW does not have to be connected directly to the computer. It simply has to be on the network. You access it by typing either the IP address or http://mlgw.local into your browser. The dashboard will then come up.

The reason that you keep the IP static rather than dynamic is so that the processors & devices you're communicating with over the network can find it. When set to DHCP, the router assigns an IP address that could change depending on events on the network. Again, if you're only using it to control B&O globally this is less of an issue, but no need to change it all the same.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-15-2010 11:32 AM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

very good gentlemen. . 

i'm off to programming.  .now waiting on radiora2 to come in. .

and. . .hoping that the protocol (i.e. button press) on ra2 is the same, or at least recognizable by the MLGW as the 1st gen RA was. . 

if not, i will have a problem. . 

One last thing. . .I've got the compatability chart. . but, can the MLGW control a BL3500?

I.E. from the iPhone/WebPanel can i turn my BL3500 on and access the main room products?

I know that the BL3500 won't send LIGHT+COMMAND until software 3.xx but, I am wondering if it will at least function for the purpose of receiving MLGW instructions over ML to turn on, etc.

• 05-15-2010 6:50 PM In reply to

mjmedlo:

One last thing. . .I've got the compatability chart. . but, can the MLGW control a BL3500?

I.E. from the iPhone/WebPanel can i turn my BL3500 on and access the main room products?

I know that the BL3500 won't send LIGHT+COMMAND until software 3.xx but, I am wondering if it will at least function for the purpose of receiving MLGW instructions over ML to turn on, etc.

Yes. You will be able to communicate to the BeoLab 3500.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)