in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-19-2010 10:18 AM by Dillen. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2010 10:49 AM

belt for beomaster 6000

I own a Beomaster 6000. I love the performance of it and want to keep going. The volume control belt is slipping again (I had it replaced once).I learned B & O stopped manufacturing the part ~ 5years ago. I called many repair shops and service centers and cannot locate one. Any ideas on a replacement. It is unfortunate that the unit is down because of a part worth a few dollars.

Karen1klm

• 04-11-2010 3:35 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: belt for beomaster 6000

Have you contacted Martin (Dillen) ?   He has more belts and parts for older equipment than anyone I know and provides more back up than you would ever expect - a true enthusiast that has saved more B&O pieces from the junkyard than we can all imagine!!

You can PM him by clicking on his name (he's on lots of posts) or do a member search.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 04-15-2010 10:05 AM In reply to

Hi Karen,

Actually when I check with Martin a year + ago about belts he had been unable to source any, but maybe he has now.... so don't let me stop you checking...

But what I wanted to let you know is when I checked  with him he suggested that I simply take IPA (isopropyl alcohol) you can buy at the Pharmacy and rub onto the removed belt ( just off the guide wheels ) for a few minutes, to get it to start gripping again.  Its so easy and yet totally effective ... my belt has not slipped since... Perhaps you would like to try this in the mean time...

Hope it proves of use!

Laurence

• 06-19-2010 10:18 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

The Beomaster 6000 (Type 22xx) volume motor belt is available as a repro part in excellent quality.

PM me for details.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)