in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-05-2010 5:20 AM by Peter. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2010 5:20 AM

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Scart confusion on BV3-32

Hi All,

I am a lucky owner of a BV3-32 and enjoys the amazing picure quality every day. However I am about to optimize my setup a bit regarding my periferals. I have a AppleTV (running aTVflash), a DVD1 and a Sagem STB from Swedish cable TV supplier Comhem, which is DVB-C

I've been following some threads about RGB and the difference between the 3 scarts, but I am just getting more confused the more I dig in to it... My BV3 has 3 Scarts;

1. V.tape - assigned to V.tape ( v.mem on my BEO4)  -> here is my AppleTV attached

2. AV - assigned to DVD (DVD button on my BEO4) -> here is my DVD1 attached

3. Decoder - assigned to V.tape2  ( DVD2 (!) in the List menu on my BEO4) -> here is my Sagem box attached.

My BV3-32 has surround but no STB card installed, there for I bought a Lintronic box to control the non-BEO equipment. ( not ready with that config yet though..wanted to sort this out first..)

My questions are:

1. How come I cannot assign the DTV button on my beo4 to activate the Sagem box on the Decoder Scart? I have tried all the options there are, but no reaction whatsoever when pressing DTV ( I tried all my 3 BEO4s, so its not a faulty button). Do I need the STB card to even use the button? I understand I need it to control the box, but since I now got the lintronic box, I just want to activate the DTV button and then program it from there..

2. When I watch TV through the Aeral signal, the picture format automatically change to the best one for the screen. When I watch DVD or Cable, it was automatically optimized to the screen size too, until recently when I start fiddling around with it, and now I have to choose correct format manually from the list menu. The Apple TV always starts in Format 1 which is too narrow for the BV3 widescreen, I always have to change that manually to Format 3 too look good.

What is it that triggers the formats? Is there some secret code that sets the formats to 1, 2, 3 or automatic? ( maybe I can do a workaround with a macro on the Lintronic box..anyone tried that?) I read in some thread about RGB and those 3 scarts are different in someway..the only thing i want is to be able to use the DTV button and have the picure automatically optimized to the screen size.. 

Can anyone help me through my confusion, please?

/Peter

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)