in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-26-2010 5:27 AM by Steve at Sounds Heavenly. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2010 11:50 PM

• rgs22
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-26-2010
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Connecting BeoLab 9s (via RCA) to non-B&O Television (Samsung)

I would like to connect my two BeoLab 9 speakers to my Samsung TV.   I purchased the RCA cables from my local B&O dealer and they will be the way in which I'll connect my speakers to whatever setup I end up going with.  

My TV is unable to detect the speakers when I connect it with the RCA cables. I then plug it in the back of the cable box, but I am unable to adjust the volume (it's very loud).  Obviously the latter is not a solution and it seems my TV is unable to support the speakers.  Given my limited knowledge of audio equipment and I/O setups, I was wondering if anyone can help out here. Do I need to purchase a receiver?  What kind of setup will accommodate the speakers and TV?  I know I have excellent speakers, but they came from my father who recently passed away, and money is tight for me now.  I'm looking for an inexpensive solution to this issue (<$250), if at all possible.   Appreciate all the help!  Thanks!

Filed under:
  • 04-26-2010 2:13 AM In reply to

Re: Connecting BeoLab 9s (via RCA) to non-B&O Television (Samsung)

You need a pre-amp output and it seems your TV just has Line out. Best is to buy a Preamp (would fit into your budget) and connect the speakers there.

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 04-26-2010 5:27 AM In reply to

Re: Connecting BeoLab 9s (via RCA) to non-B&O Television (Samsung)

Hi rgs22,

Welcome to the forum! You can use your Beolab 9's with your Samsung TV, just connect them to the headphone socket istead of the RCA outputs.  This will give you control of the volume from the TV remote.  I can help with the cables, please see my link at the foot of the page if you need any help.

Kind regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)