in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-26-2010 3:40 PM by Daniel. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2010 4:55 PM

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

Our BL5's are dancers....

We had a party last night.... It was obviously loud because the police came... but anyway in the morning I noticed that the right BL5 had moved a few inches. At first I thought that someone must have moved it.... but I guess it was from the vibrations ?

Anyway. It was a great party even though I slept on the bathroom floor. Had anyone else had their BL5's move like that?

• 04-25-2010 5:25 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Our BL5's are dancers....

Luke :

We had a party last night.... It was obviously loud because the police came... but anyway in the morning I noticed that the right BL5 had moved a few inches. At first I thought that someone must have moved it.... but I guess it was from the vibrations ?

Anyway. It was a great party even though I slept on the bathroom floor. Had anyone else had their BL5's move like that?

Some years ago one of the local B&O dealers were having an evening event. One customer placed a glass of red wine on one of the discs.Surprise It promptly bounced off all over the floor.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-25-2010 6:24 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Luke :

It was a great party even though I slept on the bathroom floor.

Wow!! I haven't done that since i was 17! Laughing

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-25-2010 7:29 PM In reply to

Dave:

Luke :

Sounds like a thread ... or maybe a song ?

"When I was seventeen

My bathroom bed was polythene"

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 04-25-2010 7:46 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

LaughingLaughingLaughing

• 04-26-2010 2:30 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

I must not have done this crap enough when I was young...

I grew up in a very rural town... (Dave you might have heard of Gympie) it got labelled hell town for a while.

Anyway I am aware that I am getting too old for this stuff... but someone left me a bottle of gin and I thought it would be interesting to infuse it with raspberries and have it with tonic and lime.

It was interesting... but the quinine taste from the tonic water kept coming back the next day. Not pretty.

Re: Red wine glass on a BeoLab.... that would probably land my guest in the pool.

• 04-26-2010 3:04 AM In reply to

Luke :

Anyway I am aware that I am getting too old for this stuff... but someone left me a bottle of gin and I thought it would be interesting to infuse it with raspberries and have it with tonic and lime.

It was interesting... but the quinine taste from the tonic water kept coming back the next day. Not pretty.

Luke, have you ever visited the Wednesday© thread? LaughingLaughingLaughing

-mika

• 04-26-2010 6:05 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

tournedos:

Yes of course... but not for a while...  why is that??? Are they drinking gin there now ? I don't think I'll be attending..... LOL *hiccup*

• 04-26-2010 6:19 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Dave:

Luke :

Mmm, I did it last year. Toilet rolls make a very comfortable pillow.SleepLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-26-2010 7:17 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

He, he.

This reminds me of a new years eve party we had some years ago.

I'm pretty sure the police wasn´t there (not the Police either), because the only way they could get in contact with us had been by breaking in. The sound level on the BS9000 was "80" and the BL8000's had to work hard. But the day after the door was still in place so the law enforcement obviously never came by.

Standing in the kitchen in the beginning of the party I heard the music had som strange interruptions. A quick run to the living room gave me the diagnosis. One of the guest tried to rise the sound level by pressing hard with both hands on the glass of the BS! If I had had a pool I would for sure throw him in to it. But the BS didn´t care and continued giving us (and the block) music for the night.

I never slept on the bath room floor that night, but my suit was ready for dry cleaning. I didn't understand why, until my not so impressed wife told me I had been rolled in a carpet, like a giant spring roll.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 04-26-2010 7:56 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Luke :

Re: Red wine glass on a BeoLab.... that would probably land my guest in the pool.

Oh no!! I've learnt my lesson on spirits.

Avoid until you're 40, stick with the fermented drinks until then :)

• 04-26-2010 9:01 AM In reply to

Dave:

Luke :

Oh no!! I've learnt my lesson on spirits.

Avoid until you're 40, stick with the fermented drinks until then :)

Never drink spirits at a party! there is no telling what might happen.

• 04-26-2010 9:08 AM In reply to

AMATEURS!

I had a Murphy bed installed in my bathroom. Problem solved.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 04-26-2010 3:13 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Luke :

tournedos:

Yes of course... but not for a while...  why is that??? Are they drinking gin there now ? I don't think I'll be attending..... LOL *hiccup*

I've just had a fortnight of gin in Laze an Rot - it was a toss up what happened first, the ash cloud dispersing of my liver disolving!DrinksLaughing

BTW the tonic water may help with malaria but it does sod all to prevent mozzy bites, my legs are covered in them!Big Smile

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-26-2010 3:40 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

burantek:

AMATEURS!

I had a Murphy bed installed in my bathroom. Problem solved.

I have BeoVox1 in my bed room, sorry bath room. Cool

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)