in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-23-2010 8:00 AM by vikinger. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-18-2010 6:03 PM

Beovision 5 Standby light colour

Have a BV5 recently purchased from Lee and set-up with HDR1 and two STBs. All working fine, but just noticed that when the TV is switched off the green light in the top IR receiver dome stays green. I can't remember whether it ever turned red (which seems to be the norm with  my other B&O TVs.)

Is this normal for a BV5. If not, anything to worry about????

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 04-19-2010 12:59 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 5 Standby light colour

Still no response? Hmm

Try to disconnect from the mains for about 30s.

Then re-connect it again and after a few seconds the red light should light up.

Then turn on/off the tv. Does the green light stays on? Try to disconnect the ML, perhaps something in the link keeps the tv on.

• 04-19-2010 1:25 PM In reply to

If your STB is not off when BV5 is off then BV5 lights green

• 04-19-2010 1:54 PM In reply to

When the green light is on, the BV5 isn't off.

Same situation when in a link room is watched to any videosource. The BV5 switches on, the screen stays dark.

If you have speakers connected to a BV5, the display tells why/which source/status the BV5 is in.

• 04-19-2010 2:41 PM In reply to

Thanks for the responses. I am at a different location today but will check out the TV again tomorrow.  Thinking about it, I've probably only had this situation since adding the HDR1. The screen on the TV definitely shuts down and the electronic curtains close, but the light stays green. I was also fairly certain that the STBs were going into standby but I'll need to double check. I'll report the outcome one way or the other!

Graham

• 04-23-2010 8:00 AM In reply to

After a 30 second disconnection the red light is on, and seems to come on OK after running the TV with its STBs and then switching off again.

The green light had stayed on for three days (whiilst I was away) although the elctronic curtains had shut, and both STBs had gone to standby. I am guessing that the problem was something to do with the HDR1 but we hadn't set it to record anything so it's all still a bit of a mystery (and we haven't got a link between TV systems or anything else.)

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)