in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-01-2010 5:51 PM by beojeff. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2010 4:01 PM

Upgrading Software on BeoVision 5

Dear All,

Does anyone know if I can upgrade the software on my BV5 to include the PC function? I have a BeoMedia 1 connected via a SCART but am unable to control the BeoMedia in Link rooms. I was told by the installers (after they had sold me the BeoMedia 1) that the lack of link room functionality was because of the BV5 not having the PC function. Your thoughts as ever are much appreciated.

• 02-23-2010 4:33 PM In reply to

Re: Upgrading Software on BeoVision 5

There are four different types of BV5, so which type do you have?

Check your software and typenr in the service menu.

• 02-24-2010 1:58 AM In reply to

Dear Beobuddy,

Thank you for your reply. I don't know how to access the service menu but I assume that my BV5 is the oldest model as it was purchased shortly after the U.K. release circa. 2002.

Kind regards.

• 02-24-2010 2:30 AM In reply to

All versions of the Beovision 5 can be connected to a Beomedia 1. The only limitation is if the TV software is below version 15.1 then you need an external IR receiver.

Your installer apparently said that:-

"the lack of link room functionality was because of the BV5 not having the PC function"

Not sure where he got that idea..

Whilst the Beovision 5 does not have the PC command, you can uses others such as V.AUX assigned to the SCART the Beomedia is connected too.

You will find the 4 digit "Type" number on a small label on the back of the TV. Your Type is likely to be 8913 if you purchased it in the UK

Regards Keith....

• 02-24-2010 9:31 AM In reply to

I don't even think that an update of your BV5 is enough.

Even if your BV5 is capable of handling the PC instruction, then the linkroom has to support the PC instruction also.

My Beolink Passive in the bathroom doesn't support it. (I use a cheap LCD for watching DTV etc using the passive for the instructions)

But I can't chance the instruction inside the Beomedia from PC to VAux.

I have a mk4 with 16.2 software. I Think that it probably has something to do with the communication between the BV5 and the Beomedia. But that's another problem that doesn't bother me right now..

• 02-24-2010 10:30 AM In reply to

As far as i know, you cannot control Beomedia1 through linkrooms...

-Dimitris

• 02-24-2010 10:32 AM In reply to

Sorry double post

-Dimitris

• 02-24-2010 10:36 AM In reply to

That's one of the the benefits of the beomedia.

If you use the standard low resolution, the RF modulator can distribute this (composite) videosignal.

• 02-24-2010 10:45 AM In reply to

If you finally make it, please tell me the way and the correct commands to trigger it through linkrooms. It only works on my BV7 and not in linkrooms, no matter that i tried (almost) everything

-Dimitris

• 02-24-2010 10:50 AM In reply to

Maybe this trick from TripEnglish helps...

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/31998/259180.aspx#259180

-Dimitris

• 02-26-2010 4:10 PM In reply to

Dear Dimitiris,

Thank you for your post - unfortunately the link takes me to a BeoWorld Error Page. I would really appreciate the link if you could find it. Many thanks.

Kind regards.

• 02-27-2010 5:18 AM In reply to

Try it here:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/31998/259148.aspx#259148

Does it work now?

-Dimitris

• 02-27-2010 12:43 PM In reply to

Yes, this link works.

I haven't tried yet, but it is possible. The installation manual is clear about that.

I think you should start at the base by using the composite video instead of RGB VGA video and connect to one of the scarts and name it as "VAux".

The software of the beomedia should be changed to : "instruction: VAux" to control the beomedia.

Then it should act like any other videosource like DVD or V8000 in a link setup.

At the moment my beomedia reponds to PC instructions and in the software setup  in the beomedia the option to change this is grayed out.

So I can't change it from PC  to VAux. And therefor my MX7000 in the bedroom also can't activate the beomedia.

My BV6-22 in the kitchen knows the PC instruction, but starts to look at it's DVI socket.

• 04-01-2010 5:24 PM In reply to

@ DrDimitris. Still no luck with the BM1 in the linkroom?

I've figured out how to, but not sure.

I think you'll have to try, probably with an extra ir-eye.

Disconnect the ML cable from your BM1. Then after 2-3 seconds it will be possible in the system menu to change the setting from PC to Vtape2, VAUX and another one.

Then store the new setting (VAUX?). The Vaux command will probably work in the linkroom. Use defaults for the videosetting.

Also use the composite cable and the audiocable on just one scartsocket, which you have named "VAUX'.

• 04-01-2010 5:51 PM In reply to

As a related issue, I was told by B&O tech support that the link room control of the BeoMaster 5/BeoSound 5 via "Beosytem 1 based tvs " (such as BS1, BV5, BV9, and the U.S. Avant) is not possible because the BeoSystem 1 based tvs do not recognize the PC command. The person at tech support said this is unlikely to change because there aren't enough BeoSystem 1 based tvs being used for there to be a demand for the PC function being added. Huh? What the ____ does B&O think they've been selling all these years prior to the Beosystem 3 based tvs?! Do they really think people have dumped all their BeoSystem 1 based tvs?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)