in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-10-2010 2:11 AM by danezro. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-09-2010 11:06 AM

Masterlink Gateway and iPhone app questions...

Sorry if this is a bit simple....

1. I've been following the thread about the new iphone app and even watched a couple of the videos, what I can't work out is where you buy a Masterlink Gateway from, is it a B&O product? (It’s not on my dealer’s product list) and how much is it?

2. I have a BV7 40 mrkII and an Apple TV both controlled by a BEO5 - what benefit could the iPhone App have for me?

Thanks

Dan

• 04-09-2010 11:21 AM In reply to

Re: Masterlink Gateway and iPhone app questions...

You buy the MLGW from B&O.

It is not on their list as it is a product that needs to be sold as part of a service, to configure it and interface it with your home automation system.

You'd benefit the App only if you had a more complex system - multiroom + home automation system.

• 04-09-2010 12:39 PM In reply to

Yes it is on the price-list in Denmark and the price is around £2000.- (16.495.- Dkr)

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoCenter 2 DAB/DVD mk.II
    • BeoVision 7-40 DVD mk.III
    • BeoLab Penta mk.III
    • BeoLab 4000 icepower
    • BeoLab 4000
    • BeoLab 3500
    • Beo 5
    • Beo 4 mk.I & mk.III
    •  
    • Beocom 6000
    •  
    • A8 Earphones

• 04-09-2010 12:53 PM In reply to

My dealer told me, that they don't sell many MLGW system, so I could imagine that there are a lot of B&O installations using MasterLink, but without the MLGW (mine for instance) . I think it is great that B&O now opens op thru the network, but 2000EUR is a lot of money I think.
    Can we hope for a MLGW "light" version, or even better, that we in the new product platform will have the MLGW built in so that other older products can benefit from it?

There is something about B&O.....

• 04-10-2010 2:11 AM In reply to

Thanks everyone, I now underdstand - I have been 'helped'.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)