in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-29-2007 8:23 AM by wonderfulelectric. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2007 5:29 PM

• nlb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

B&Os new high-end (digital!) Hi Fi system announced

well this is what it should and cound be .... http://sooloos.com/www/home.html

• 06-28-2007 5:45 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: B&Os new high-end (digital!) Hi Fi system announced

looks interesting. but we know to little about the since long talked about "Beosound5" (??) to judge this picture and that system. If this was the way B&O wanted to go, the only thing I can tell is that it looks promising...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-28-2007 7:24 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

That's not B&O's new system. That's basically iTunes for audiophiles.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-28-2007 8:08 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Nice equipment. Obviously high-end.

For some reason, HI-HI systems do not immediately come to mind.

• 06-29-2007 12:30 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

Dude this look quite boring, just a plain square :|
  • 06-29-2007 1:59 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Bredene near Ostend-Belgium
    • Posts 143
    • Bronze Member

Do I really have to get another PC screen into my home, horrible looking thing it is.

Yes, I kown my spelling is horrible… Huh?

• 06-29-2007 2:33 AM In reply to

I hope the wine is better tasting than the the system looks; not my piece of cake, looks a lot like the photo-holder made by marcel wanders with a digital photo changing every few minutes.
    Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 06-29-2007 2:56 AM In reply to

• JOV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-28-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Hu, that's a really boring design.

What about that one (especially the graphical user interface):

http://www.visiomatic-homeautomation.de/

I'm watching this company since a few years, but I fear, they are playing in a different league (pricewise)...

Oh, for the B&O-Homeautomation-Freaks: I've been told, that Visiomatic is compatible to B&O, ... no, that they can integrate B&O-stuff in the system. 

No. I do not work for them. I'm just thrilled, that such a small company can develop a system, B&O (and most B&O-enthusiasts) is (are) dreaming about. 

Happy dreaming,

Jens 

• 06-29-2007 3:33 AM In reply to

It will be nice if B&O introduce a harddrive based high end source. By using a computer processor to retrieve data and store it into a harddrive it is essentially loss free and that is one of the reasons why Ipods have extremely low jitter. A computer can't accept flawed digital data or it will crash. I think this is the future. 
  • 06-29-2007 3:55 AM In reply to

On the sideline. Anyone knows what bit length do the Beolab5s accept. I will totally get ti if it accepts 24/196. The harddrive digital source I am planning to get is capable of outputting an upsampled bit length. 
  • 06-29-2007 5:26 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

They will only take 16 bit signals I think, if they do take 24 bit signals then it's new to me. They process things internally in 32 bit I believe though. Whether this is the processor architecture or the actual PCM signal being processed, I'm not sure.

I really don't like the idea of a hard-drive based system as hi-end. It's boring, really boring. All part of the fun with CDs is taking them out of the case, putting then in the player and pressing play, even being able to see the CD spin in the case of the 9000, 3200 and 4. Plus, it's all very well having the data stored on a hard drive almost jitter free, but it's got to come from a CD in the first place. How can it be jitter free then?

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-29-2007 6:48 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

I agree with you Alex!!!

Durban South Africa

• 06-29-2007 8:23 AM In reply to

Alex:

They will only take 16 bit signals I think, if they do take 24 bit signals then it's new to me. They process things internally in 32 bit I believe though. Whether this is the processor architecture or the actual PCM signal being processed, I'm not sure.

I really don't like the idea of a hard-drive based system as hi-end. It's boring, really boring. All part of the fun with CDs is taking them out of the case, putting then in the player and pressing play, even being able to see the CD spin in the case of the 9000, 3200 and 4. Plus, it's all very well having the data stored on a hard drive almost jitter free, but it's got to come from a CD in the first place. How can it be jitter free then?

Oh well. You see that is when the computer processor comes in. It extracts data from the Cd many times and goes through countless correction to ensure jitter free data retrieval so that is the reason why your computer is able to read scratched disks so well. It is really interesting, go read it up. Most extreme high-end cd players are now almost obselete although they might have an excellent output stage to justify the price. Serious hifi companies such as Meridian uses CD-rom drives just because of better data retrieval. Audio designers say that the process of extracting information from harddrives is so much simpler than doing it direct and will be a much lossless process. It is also cheaper than building a tank machine.I do agree with loading the cd thing, it makes the process of playing music more romantic. However, I have accumulated up to more than hundreds of cds now. A storage device is always welcomed. The future will only be more harddrive based, just look at the current trends of buying music.  
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)