in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-30-2010 4:45 AM by Beroli. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-05-2010 4:14 AM

• dueno
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-29-2007
    • bordeaux
    • Posts 147
    • Founder

upgrade ir led of beo5

i heard there is a kit for upgrade the ir led of the beo5

what is the price of the kit and what does it?

thanks

never explain never complain

• 03-06-2010 3:56 PM In reply to

Re: upgrade ir led of beo5

Old models of the Beo5 comes with three 850 nano meter IR diodes.

The upgrade (a complete display unit) comes with two 850nm and one 950nm IR diode.

This is only interresting if you have problems with the range of use for some home automation products.

Some product are only sensitive to 950nm wave length.

B&O product are sensitive to both.

• 03-07-2010 6:53 AM In reply to

• dueno
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-29-2007
    • bordeaux
    • Posts 147
    • Founder

do you know the price of th upgrade?

• 03-08-2010 2:11 AM In reply to

No.

But I think it is high, due to the fact that you need to switch the whole display unit.

I'm sure they can answer your question in your local shop.

• 03-08-2010 3:16 AM In reply to

I can confirm the points made by Guffas, but I do not think the board itself is particularly high in price, but the cost of fitting it may be, depending on where you get it updated.

Basiclly, the change was introduced in February 2009 to resolve the issue of third party products having too short or narrow IR-receiver range.

The  problem only effected third party products, such as air-conditioning systems, as they have very short and narrow IR-range receivers as well as the fact that many systems use entirely different protocols to the ones normally used in the A/V industry.

B&O solved the issue by:-

1. Updating the Configuration Tool to handle different protocols/codes than the ones normally used.
    2. Made a Beo5 hardware update replacing one of the IR-diodes with one that matches the narrow reception angle of some systems. Both a 850 nm and a new 950 nm IR-diode are on the new module.
    3. A Beo5 firmware update.

I would suggest that unless you have a problem controlling non AV third party products, the benefits do not justify the additional cost.

Regards Keith....

• 03-08-2010 3:27 AM In reply to

• dueno
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-29-2007
    • bordeaux
    • Posts 147
    • Founder

i want to control a mitsubishi heavy industrie aircon.....

i have try a xml file i have found on the forum but it doesn't work

i don't know if it is the file or because i have not the 950nm diode IR

• 03-08-2010 3:31 AM In reply to

Provided the XML file is correctly setup it will work, its just that the range may not be good.

As I said in the other thread, most air-conditioning units are unique when it comes to the remote, so updaing your Beo5 will not solve your problem. You will need an XML file created for your particular air-conditioning model.

Regards Keith....

• 03-10-2010 7:00 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

I don't know the exact price of the top board but it contains most of the electronic parts of the Beo5 (processor, flash and so on) and the price could be quite high. The thing is that I expect the entire top to be sold as a unit because the unit is being manufactored with a great deal of respect of not getting dust between the display and the front glass. Therefore you may only be able to buy an entire unit including display and front glass which I guess would be quite expensive.

But again - I don't know the price. And I agree with Keith - don't spend the money if it's not necessary. 

• 03-29-2010 8:29 PM In reply to

Hello @ all,

I own since last Friday a new Beo5. With this device I have to aim on the RE-BL-Adapter. Now I read about these changes and I am afraid to have got an old Device. Is it possible to determine from the serial number, how old is actually a device is and what IR-Diode (850 or 950) are installed.

For your support, with friendly Regards

Beroli

• 03-30-2010 2:12 AM In reply to

If your serial number is heigher than 21404408 then it is one of the new ones

• 03-30-2010 4:45 AM In reply to

Thank you guffas for your quick answer. The Serial ist higher then yours. I think the aim-Problem lies by my RE-BL Adapter. After connecting with an DC power supply instead of Batteries, the situation now is much better. 

Thank you and have a nice Day

Beroli

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)