in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-26-2010 6:17 AM by stefan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-21-2010 11:06 AM

ADC/DAC FOR HIGH QUALITY VINYL RECORDING

i use this is setup for digitalizing my records to my mac.

- beogram 4002 mmc20cl retipped by van den hul

- pro-ject phono box II

- griffin i-mic with final vinyl

- macbook pro

the results are really good, in cd quality 16bit 44,1khz.

i ask the griffin support about the bit rate and the adc/dac chip use in the imic. the answer: "As for which chip is used, unfortunately, that information is not available outside of our engineering department.  I can tell you that the bit rate is 16-bit, 44.1kHz.  The iMic supports up to to 24-bit sampling rate with 3rd party audio drivers, but we don't support that use."

i'm wondering what kind of adc/dac you use? has somebody experience with adc/dac from apogee? http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/mini-dac.php

regards

dario

• 03-23-2010 9:47 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: ADC/DAC FOR HIGH QUALITY VINYL RECORDING

I`m using a Pro Tools HD2 system on a Mac G5 with Digidesign 8 channel 96 I/O interface, euphonix controllers and for monitoring three Genelec 1032 and one 1094 active monitors. The analogue out of my Beogram 3500 with MMC2 is sent to a studio level preamp. It outputs a studio level, balanced signal that goes straight to the digidesign interface. For mastering there are a couple of Digidesign denoisers, Drawmer compressors, Focusrite and Bomb Factory limiters, Focusrite and Digidesign equalizers, a room simulation tool (that I never use). I have no experiences with Apogee, but I know that Apogee products are highly recommended. BTW this setup is not just for digitalizing my records but it`s a lot of fun...

Stefan

• 03-24-2010 2:40 PM In reply to

thanks stefan, for sharing your experience and your setup... definitly, it isn't only digitalizing vinyl, it is, as you wrote, a lot of fun. ;-) maybe i check out the features of garage band to create my own sound. btw. i've found the right tool: http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/duet.php

apogee create also nice studio-stuff.

would you share some picts from your setup?

dario

• 03-26-2010 6:17 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Yes, I meant their studio stuff. And sorry - no pics. The setup is part of my post production studio facility that includes four different rooms - two control rooms, a recording studio and a machine room. 

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)