in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-01-2010 12:32 PM by XavierItzmann. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2010 8:41 AM

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

How Touch Sensitive is your BeoTime?

I got a BeoTime at the weekend, but I am slightly disappointed in the sensitivity of the 'touch feature'. When it is resting on my bedside table I can pick it up before the backlight comes on, and this morning I almost had to knock it off the wall bracket to put it to sleep. I find it is better to press the control pad rather that risk anything more 'heavy-handed'

I am used to the feather-touch lightness of the iPod Touch/iPhone - Am I being unreasonable? or or my BeoTime faulty?

Ian

• 03-01-2010 9:27 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Re: How Touch Sensitive is your BeoTime?

This is normal, your Beotime is not faulty.

I think they could have solved it better! 

• 03-01-2010 10:45 AM In reply to

I think it would be more accurately described as "brisk tap sensitive"

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-01-2010 12:32 PM In reply to

I'll reiterate what I wrote in December:

I have it on the magnet on the wall.  As the magnet is able to support a pretty strong whack w/o dropping the BeoTime, I've gotten used to just tapping the BeoTime pretty much the way you tap someone behind their shoulder.  Kind of rocks the BeoTime on its wall mount, but works every time.  Am OK with it.

Still, it is pathetic that B&O sells this thing as "touch sensitive".  Imagine if Apple claimed their iPhone is "touch sensitive" and yet required a small whack every time you hit an icon or control.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)