in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-28-2007 1:13 AM by darioazul. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-27-2007 11:50 PM

Chicago B&O store (straightforward)

I had the pleasure of being the last customer of the Chicago B&O store today. This was unfortunately also my first experience. I had traded several phone calls with Tom the owner and it was easy to tell that he was swamped.  He had people pulling him in all directions as he was closing his store after 18 years. Though he took the time to call me back on his last day today to complete a sale.

Tom was extremely easy to work with and very straight forward. When you've been in business as long as I have, there is a huge difference in calling a store and having someone be too nice and that is a huge turn off. The owner, Tom, was direct, quick, to the point and even in closing his store he mentioned that he would have liked to have served me as a customer.

I'm not sure if he is retiring or beginning another phase of his business. Whichever, i'm postive he will be very successful.

Best regards to Tom and his future.

Keith

• 06-28-2007 12:36 AM In reply to

Re: Chicago B&O store (straightforward)

Hello All:

The store here at Somerset in the Detroit subs also closed.  The owner is also named Tom.  I think the closing was due to the high rent at Somerset.  The store was to reopen a couple of miles a way.  I saw the plans and if it ever reopens, it will be a very nice place.  I am wondering if the turn in Michigan economy had anything to do with it.  

The economy here in Michigan is hitting people at many economic levels; though, it seems that the clientele B&O is after is not being affected as much.  

Dario
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 06-28-2007 12:42 AM In reply to

disculpame, abajo pfv.

• 06-28-2007 12:45 AM In reply to

mecca:

Hole Dario,

Creo estas correcto y es muy possible que las problemas economico es la verdad de esta situation.

Estoy haciendo una systema de ByO completa en cali, colombia ahora. Y usds.??

Buen dia y cordial saludo,  Keith

• 06-28-2007 12:54 AM In reply to

n/a
  • 06-28-2007 1:13 AM In reply to

Hola Keith:

My written Espanol is only worse than my spoken.  I still in contact with the owner (He has another store in Ohio.) of the closed store and I know he is trying to sell some of the floor equipment.  Let me know what you are looking for and I can see what he has left.  I know he had plenty of televisions.  The tele is not that interesting to me, or I should say that what's on the tele is not for me, most of the time.  Let me know how I can help to set your system up. 

Dario
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)