in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-17-2010 4:16 AM by Kokomo. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2010 7:47 AM

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Question for an LC2 expert please

I have several LC2s set for various light pictures. A couple of these light pictures are programmed so that one of the LC2s is off, making that particular area dark. If however I press the top arrow of my Beo4 to raise the 'dim level', all the lights which are on go brighter BUT the lights controlled by the LC2 which is off then come on and start to go brighter with all the others.

Does anyone know how this can be avoided so that whenever I raise or lower the lights in a light picture, it does not affect lights controlled by their own LC2 which is off and not part of that particular light picture?    

• 02-16-2010 2:52 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Question for an LC2 expert please

Hi Kokomo.
    To the best of my knowledge, it isn't possible for raise/lower to be directed to specific LCs.
    This is why there are so many settings available.
    Don't forget, there can be global light pictures as well as local ones.
    The other thing you could do, is to have a light picture brighter than you need, and then lower it as desired. Any Lights in the off position, can't go lower than off, and therefore won't be affected. However your original problem would resurface if you were to raise it again.
    How many LCs do you have in one room?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-17-2010 4:16 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: Question for an LC2 expert please

Thanks Andy, I think your suggestion is the best I can achieve.

I have 5 LC2s in the room plus 1 replacing a wall switch in a passageway which leads off the lounge. There on the wall I have some framed pictures/posters which I sometimes illuminate with spots as part of an overall light picture (lounge and passageway). Most of the time however I use a couple of light picures which do not include the passageway spots.

As I described in my original post when the light pictures are in use without the passage ones and I raise the dim level in my lounge with the arrow on the Beo4, the pasageway llights come on and begin to raise their level with the main ones. 

Of course, switching back to the original light picture switches them off again.

I can't see a way around it, but it's not a great problem just a bit of an irritation that I hoped could be solved!

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)