in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-06-2010 6:08 AM by Bieele. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2010 3:36 AM

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Loud buzzing rear speakers

Hi,

I got a big scare yesterday evening.

When I turned on my BV8-40, both rear speakers started to buzz very loud at a level that gave me  big scare. I sounded like a static sound at a very high sound level.

2 days ago I had a similar problem; when 'slamming' the doors of the cabinet under the BV8-40, a loud 'plop' sounded from both rear speakers. I thought the problem was a bad powerlink connection, therefor I have reconnected all powelink connections (after turning of the system) of the rear speakers. That seemed to fix it, since the problem was gone after this.

For now I have disconnected the rear speakers. The front speakers and BL2 work fine.

I would like to have your thoughts on the root cause of this problem!

My setup is:

- BV8-40

- Front speakers: BL1

- Rear speakers: BL4000 speakers connected with 1 split powerlink connection

- Subwoofer: BL2

- BS9000

- Humax cable Digital tv box

- PS3

I am looking forward for you thoughts on this!

Bieele

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 03-06-2010 6:01 AM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Re: Loud buzzing rear speakers

Fixed it; the problem was in the powerlink connection of the rear speakers. The connector connected to the BV8 had a broken solder connection of the shielding. Was some time ago that I used my soldering equipment, but I got it fixed.

• 03-06-2010 6:02 AM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Buzzing can be caused by bad powerlink connections - you say you fixed the problem by resetting the cables - but it has come back again, so it sounds like a connection in a DIN plug.

To ensure it isn't the speakers (which is unlikely) plug them into the front speaker cables - and try putting the fronts at the rear.  if all is fine for the fronts, but not for the rears, then think about replacing the powerlink cables for the rear speakers.

• 03-06-2010 6:08 AM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Thnks Frog for the advice; I think our posts just crossed each other. I actually did what you proposed; swapping the speakers to see if the problem is in the speakers or cables. This led to the cables.

And as you can read in my previous post: you are also right that the problem was in the din connector.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)