in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-24-2010 4:45 PM by musicsound. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2010 5:34 AM

Beocenter 9000

My Beocenter 9000 which I love dearly has started to be a bit intermittent in whether the CD will actually play or not. As well the door to the CD seems very stiff and doesn't move easily. Would anyone know where it is possible to buy a replacement CD or replacement parts for the CD? I am in Geneva Switzerland where there is an excellent and very helpful technician at Choisy TV, but they told me they have no source for the parts. Is my beloved Beocenter destined to be a radio-cassette?

Many thanks for any help!!

• 01-24-2010 7:34 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter 9000

The CD decks are no longer available from anywhere but luckily most faults can be repaired.
    Your CD deck will most likely need new capacitors on the servo board, that's very common with
    these symptoms and it's a fault that seems to hit all machines sooner or later.
    Depending on the deck version mounted in your Beocenter, I can supply a suitable kit and if a correct
    kit is not available, one can be made.
    Grab a kit and tell the repairer to replace it.
    The door(s) will need new belt(s). I am not sure if these are still available from B&O but I may be able
    to supply if B&O can't.

These are standard issues, do a search on the forum and you will find lots more info.

Martin

• 01-24-2010 11:13 AM In reply to

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for your help. I would be happy to purchase a kit from you and then explain the above to my local technician. He only speaks French (as luckily I do too) so I'll pass this information on to him. If you would like to supply the belts too, please let me know your contact details and total cost and how I can arrange payment.

All the best,

Warren.

• 01-24-2010 12:53 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

You have a PM.

Martin

• 01-24-2010 4:45 PM In reply to

I have a problem with my Beocenter 9000 with the placing of the CD. It has spring under a plastic cap and it has problems starting the CD while it slips when the CD starts. I have some CD's which are thin and then the problem is even worse then with some CD's which are thicker.

Sometimes the plastic cap also gets loose a bit and the spring has even less pressure, then it won't start at all. 

Any suggestions for this problem?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)