in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-22-2010 8:26 AM by Stonk. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-22-2010 4:59 AM

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

I'm re-living my youth!

I have boxes of old audio B&O gear that haven't seen the light of day for sometime and decided to have a bit of a clearout. In there I found an old Walkman style cassette player and some brand new cassettes.

As I recently purchased a Beocenter 9500 for my dad I wanted to test everything before I sent it to him so I recorded a radio show that I'm very fond of  - LBC's Mystery Hour and listened to it in bed before I went to sleep over the next few nights. Operating an audio cassette was a breath of fresh air! I could fast forward through the adverts, rewind if I wanted to hear something again, stop it, start it - all in pitch darkness and without having to look at a backlit display. The next evening I picked it up and pressed 'play' and it started exactly where I left it. No going through menu screens or the chance of mis-pressing the wrong command and having to start over. I don't know how long this fad is going to last but I'm just appreciating the simplicity of it all.

Now, amongst the other items I found was a Beocord 5500. Fired it up and everything works mechanically but I haven't got the BM5500. Hmm, I'll flea-bay it I thought, then had an idea. Maybe someway I could use this under my work desk to record the show as it's playing on the internet straight to a cassette on the BC5500 via the CPU speaker output socket! Is this a possibility or do I need to run it through a Beomaster? Geeked

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 01-22-2010 5:11 AM In reply to

Re: I'm re-living my youth!

As long as you have a line out source it will work fine.

• 01-22-2010 5:38 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Thanks Peter. By line out I take it you mean the speaker mini din socket? So I guess I need a splitter for that to feed the PC speakers and the BC5500 and then I'll need a cable that is mini din to 7 din female for the beocord.

• 01-22-2010 5:46 AM In reply to

That is really variable line out but it will probably do! Cassette decks do best with a constant full strength line out. You will have to watch the recording meters to see if you have enough signal.

• 01-22-2010 8:13 AM In reply to

Stonk,

remember that you'll also record each and every "blink, beep, dong, tadaa..." that you create while working on this PC :-(

hx

• 01-22-2010 8:26 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

hemenex:

Stonk,

remember that you'll also record each and every "blink, beep, dong, tadaa..." that you create while working on this PC :-(

hx

Ha that's true....and the way I work there's lots of them!! However I'm not too fussed as it's only a talkshow :)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)