in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-19-2010 10:33 AM by Medogsfat. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-18-2010 4:05 PM

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

13K Member quiz

Locked Contact

As it's nearing the hour where I turn into a pumpkin (6 am start for me) I am posting the promised quiz. Lee will follow up with photo's of the prizes on offer, the deadline & where to send your answers. So for the short term just solve the questions & hang onto your answers.

Okay all – as we are a pretty eclectic bunch on here I have composed an equally eclectic set of questions. Some are B&O related & some are not but the common theme (in recognition of this milestone of 13K membership) is the number 13 which will be in either the question or part of the answer. Some are easy & some are not so easy but the answers to all of the B&O related questions can be found on Beoworld so be ready to trawl the product sections & related articles. Hopefully there are questions in there to suit everyone’s tastes – Oh and answers are correct at the time of publishing so don’t sue me – sue google.

Q 1, Let’s start with a bit of a gimmie to get you all off the mark. What is triskaidekaphobia the fear of?

Q2, This engineer joined B&O in 1965 and was involved in the development of, amongst others, the Beogram 4000 & the MMC6000 cartridge. His forename & surname are a total of 13 characters.

Q 3, Which 2008 film was nominated for 13 Academy awards (Oscars)?

Q 4, Add together the digits of this 1980’s Jensen designed Beocenter to get the number 13, e.g. the beocenter 2200 would be 2 + 2 + 0 + 0 = 4

Q 5, Released in the USA on 9 May 1980 the Sean S Cunningham directed film Friday 13th starred which actor in the role of Jack?

Q 6, What is the address of Bang & Olufsen of Preston?

Q 7, Not widely used, what is (arguably) considered to be the 13th sign of the astrological Zodiac?

Q 8, The following formula equals 13,000. (A + B – C =  13,000) What models are these product types?  A Beogram type 5751 + B Beovision type GBR 2622 - C Beocenter type 2101.

e.g: - The answer to letter A could be a Beogram 4000 so your answer would be A = Beogram 4000.

Q 9, In western culture what is the traditional gift for a 13th wedding anniversary?

Q 10,  One for all you music lovers.

Substitute the letters for the correct numbers in this equation to get the answer 13.  A – (B X C) – D + E = 13.

A the year ABBA won the Eurovision song contest with Waterloo. B a 1985 UK number one for Paul Hardcastle. C the number of red balloons (luftballoons) on Nena’s 1983 hit single. D number of keys on a standard piano keyboard. E the number of UK number one singles for the Rolling Stones.

What are the missing numbers? e.g:- the answer to A could be the year 1982 which would make your answer A = 1982.

Q 11, Which British Prime Minister was born on October 13th 1925 & married on 13th December 1951?

Q 12, Which legendary B&O speakers have 4 X 13 cm woofers in each column? (2 acceptable answers)

And finally……………

Q 13, This set of 13 spoons, based on the number of people present at the Last Supper (in Christianity), are popularly known as what?

Good luck everyone!

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 02-18-2010 4:32 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: 13K Member quiz

Locked Contact

Yippeeeee!

Tongue Out 2
    I love these quizzes!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-18-2010 6:25 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Is that why you're licking the screen??? Laughing

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 02-19-2010 5:22 AM In reply to

• Stoney3K
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2007
    • Eindhoven, NL
    • Posts 91
    • Silver Member

Locked Contact

OK, my Notepad's primed. Where do I send all the stuff? Wink

• 02-19-2010 9:08 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Stoney3K:

Got all the answers... and have I have the same question...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 02-19-2010 10:33 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Locked Contact

beocool:

Stoney3K:

Got all the answers... and have I have the same question...

Lee will post an email address along with photo's of the prizes on offer - should be done by tonight.

Chris.

HERE we go....

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)