in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-18-2010 8:42 PM by TripEnglish. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2010 12:35 PM

questions about Master Link Gateway

I'm building a residential domotic application in an house with some B&O devices.
    I'd like to know:
    - if is there any possibilty to communicate between Master Link Gateway and a Modbus Rtu domotic system ( http://www.duemmegi.it/eng/prodotti.aspx?CatId=14&sez=2 ).
    - if it's possible to use Master Link Gateway for scheduled and/or conditioned command (for example: to start and stop pool pump at a defined hour if water is over a defined temperature)
    - if it's possible to use Master Link Gateway also to detect domotic system devices status (showing digital and analogic data on graphic web pages) or I've to add a pc with a Scada system to do it.
    I've seen some open source on http://mlgw.bang-olufsen.dk.
    Where can I found specification about this software?

Carlo Galimberti
    Filed under:
  • 01-18-2010 3:52 PM In reply to

Re: questions about Master Link Gateway

Hi Carlo,

From my understanding you will of course be able to communicate between the two systems , I am unsure if the MLG can do complex logic start & stop of your pool etc, normally this would be done by the automation controller as these generally are able to carrie out complex or simple logic, 

I think the MLG will be able to trigger the event & also react to events from the controller i.e. an all of button by the main exit door that will switch off the lights, electrical appliances, set back the heating close blinds etc & of course switch off the B&O.

With regards to your last question i do not think that will be possible at all.

Hope this helps

Ps I am hoping to be integrating a MLG in to a EIB/KNX system very soon.

Regards Simon

Filed under: , ,
  • 01-18-2010 3:59 PM In reply to

The MLGW cannot do any automation on its own. It allows a compatible home automation systems to turn on and off the TV or Hifi...

Also it allows you to use a Beo5 remote to send some commands that are passed to the home automation system, which will do the work.

I do not think any one on the forum has experience with this box.

p.

• 01-18-2010 8:42 PM In reply to

I have about as much experience as anyone in the field with the MLGW.

The key word is "Gateway" The MLGW is a communication device and not an automation processor.

The MLGW gives the user the ability to issue commands from a B&O product to an attached automation processor (Crestron Processor, Lutron HW Processor, etc) and monitors attached devices to allow events to trigger ML events (i.e. turning on a television, raising volume, etc.). 

In order to schedule events, you need an intermediate processor. Some pool processors, like Jandy, can accomplish this task internally, but given the complex monitoring you wish to accomplish (i.e. what is the temperature in zone 3, are the lights on in the downstairs bedroom, is my garage door closed) you would be better served with a Crestron or AMX system. That system would then communicate back and forth with the B&O equipment via the gateway.

The best option would be to contact your local dealer and have them put you in touch with the programmer that oversees integration at the corporate office. I don't know who or where that is in your region, but most RSOs have someone who oversees custom integration and would be familiar enough with the MLGW to help you. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)