in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-14-2010 12:02 PM by Stonk. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2010 9:26 AM

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Beocenter 9500 woes

Some of you may recall THIS THREAD about a present for my father who lives in France. Well after purchasing one that had only a loose glass panel from eBay, today it has arrived. Really great condition - no scratches just as the seller said.

However, the CD drawer won't open. Here's a youtube video I took Any advice on what the problem could be?

It needs both glass panels refixing - not a problem

The cassette player appears to make the tape baggy so probably needs new belts - I'm happy to attempt that once I've found where to get the belts from (Dillen?)

I won't touch it until I've heard back from the seller.

I know I should have bought one from Lifestyle/Iconic/Beo4Life!!!

Any help appreciated. Smile

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 01-12-2010 10:03 AM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 9500 woes

Were the transport screws of the CD fixed when you got it (and have you removed them)? If they weren't, I think the CD module can get dislodged and block the lid from moving. The lid may also have a slipping belt, bad lubrication, or the drive cord of the lower edge (which doesn't seem to agree to move) has snapped / dropped off.

There's the manual way of opening (the end of the axle has a screw head visible under the front edge, located near the inner edge of the lid) and you could carefully try to rotate that while helping the lid a little manually. If it doesn't want to move, don't use any force.

Either way, the machine will need to be opened to sort this - I agree with not doing anything until you've talked with the seller.

For the cassette, I guess it is the belts.

-mika

• 01-12-2010 10:32 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Thanks Mika,

Yes I removed the transport screws prior to turning the unit on.

The lid appears to be almost hitting something - as if it's got knocked off it's tracks. I guess that even though it was transported in it's original box plus additional packing the unit probably has spent some of it's journey to me upside down or quite probably on it's end so the entire weight rested on the CD end - that can't be good. I can hear the motor running and the click of a relay to stop it.

I forgot there was a way to manually open it but as you say, that fact that something appears to physically stop the door opening (the lower part doesn't seem to want to go down before the whole thing slides under the main panel) I fear that something's dislodged or broken within.

Edit: Just tried to manually open. It won't and only the top inner corner drops a little as per the video.

• 01-12-2010 1:10 PM In reply to

OK, most probably something wrong with the lower channel or the cord then. It would probably be obvious when looking inside, but let's wait what the seller says before that.

In case you have never opened one of these centres before: it's actually very easy and I'm sure you'll get all the help you need on the forum (except for the beer, coffee, figs, and nerves you'll going to burn reattaching that cord Wink ) Hopefully it will be as simple as nudging something back into place.

-mika

• 01-12-2010 8:36 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Well that was funBig Smile

I lifted the lid - the thought of sending it back didn't appeal so took the risk.

The cd door had come detached and the cords/strings were all over the place[:'(] The Tape door was only working on one string. Fortunately I had plenty of cognac to attack it. Three hours later after numerous attempts it's all working perfectly now.

Next time I'll know what I'm doing.

The tape now works perfectly and all that needs doing is refixing the glass panels.

Thanks for input Mika

• 01-13-2010 11:18 AM In reply to

Welcome to the BRICK: BC9x00 Restringers Intoxicated Cognac Klub"

The few, the proud, the certifiable! Yes -  thumbs up Glad you got it sorted!

Now, onto the GRIP: Glass Refixing Intoxicated Plub"

TIP: The surround trim comes in (3) pieces... Mount the outer pieces first, let dry, then you can align the center piece with equal gaps to the outer pieces.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 01-13-2010 11:41 AM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

burantek:

Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 01-13-2010 12:31 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

burantek:

The few, the proud, the certifiable! Yes -  thumbs up Glad you got it sorted!

TIP: The surround trim comes in (3) pieces... Mount the outer pieces first, let dry, then you can align the center piece with equal gaps to the outer pieces.

LaughingLaughing Plub?

I think I've mastered these strings now. I kept re-stringing the wrong way until eventually I got quite good at taking the whole string off and starting again. Now I have it sussed I could probably do each string in about 3 minutes but the problem is that by the time I do it again I will have forgotton how!

Good tip about the glass surround trim. Yes -  thumbs up

• 01-13-2010 12:34 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Yep, actually four pieces, and the two center pieces are not identical !
    One has a sloping edge at one side.

Martin

• 01-13-2010 12:46 PM In reply to

Dillen:

Yep, actually four pieces, and the two center pieces are not identical !
    One has a sloping edge at one side.

Martin

Correct... 4, not 3. Embarrassed

• B&o bottle opener
  • 01-13-2010 1:09 PM In reply to

Stonk:

I think I've mastered these strings now. I kept re-stringing the wrong way until eventually I got quite good at taking the whole string off and starting again. Now I have it sussed I could probably do each string in about 3 minutes but the problem is that by the time I do it again I will have forgotton how!

You seem good and ready to begin restringing Beolits then! Laughing

Good work. I guess the cassette mechanism was just sticky due to lack of use then.

-mika

• 01-13-2010 1:22 PM In reply to

Stonk:

I know I should have bought one from Lifestyle/Iconic/Beo4Life!!!

If I recall correctly, Beo4life suggested that you should buy a 2300, as they travel better!!!

Regards Graham

• 01-13-2010 1:41 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

If I recall correctly, Beo4life suggested that you should buy a 2300, as they travel better!!!

And of course you were right Graham but at least this way I've discovered how much patience I haveStick out tongue

• 01-14-2010 12:02 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

WooHoo!

Just found a guy that couriers between UK & France that will collect the BC9500 and personally take it down to SW France ensuring that it stays flat during transit. Cost? 30 Euros! Might as well send the Pentas if I can fix the door flap in time!!

Happy to pass on his details to anyone who needs it!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)