in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-09-2010 7:45 AM by Spiros. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2010 10:12 PM

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Beovox 2500 Cubes

Hi to all.

Recently a bought a pair of Beovoxes 2500 Cubes that wanted really badly as I consider them an icon of B&O.

However they are not at thier best as someone can imagine and for sure Frede (classical) is the expert on this field that they should be delivered for repair. 

I want to make them as a small project to fully restore them (otherwise Frede do expect them to arrive!!!!) and my main problem is the drivers! All 12 of them are dried up (inner membranes) and a couple of them have tiny holes.

What could I possibly make to bring them back to life? Any ideas?

I'm sure that the chances of finding new replacements are very small.

Also if someone has the repair manual I would really appreciate if forwarded.

Best regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 02-08-2010 2:05 AM In reply to

• classic
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Venø - Struer / Denmark
    • Posts 224
    • Founder

Re: Beovox 2500 Cubes

Hello Spiros,

I am afraid the drivers are not possible to find (true replacements). There are at leasat two reasons, why:

• The impedance of the driver is 6 ohm
    • The mechanical dimensions - specially the thickness of the speaker top (mounting plate) must be max 1 mm, because of room under the covers.

So I actually hope somebody have a suggestion, I need it as well. The only way I have found is the use of drivers from donor products.

The dryed up cones can be handled by coating, this improves very much distortion and frequency range of the speaker.

There is actually another point two, about 30% of the drivers have low output or broken coils.

/Frede 

Beolab 5000 -  "If another amplifier sounds different then it needs repair!"

Filed under:
  • 02-09-2010 7:45 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Re: Beovox 2500 Cubes

Dear Frede,

That's going to be a tough project!!!!!!!

How can a coating be done? I really have no idea about it. Can you share some secrets???!!?? Stick out tongue

Best regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)