in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-11-2010 2:11 PM by Heribert. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2010 2:46 PM

General question to Beolink passive

Dear all,

I studied some threads in this forum regarding BL Passive 1656 but want to get a final confirmation if I understood correctly. 

My requirements:

• Connect a Toshiba LCD in my link room to BL Passive
    • ML Connection from my main room
    • Connect some e.g. BOSE Environmental speakers to the BL Passive 
    • Connect some Stereo Speakers to play the sound of the Toshiba LCD and also all sources of my main room.

BL passive mainly because of the outdoor use for 1 Pair of speakers. I would connect 2 Pairs (1* indoor, 1*outdoor) via a speaker switch. 

1. Can BL passive do all this? 
    2. Do you have any proposal regarding good and small wall mounted stereo speakers for indoor and/or outdoor? I had a look to BOSE and like the 151 or 161 quite a lot in terms of design.

Thanks,

Heribert

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 01-11-2010 6:39 AM In reply to

Re: General question to Beolink passive

Any ideas on that?

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 01-11-2010 7:00 AM In reply to

The Beolink Passive cannot do this. Did someone hinted that you could do it?
  • 01-11-2010 7:04 AM In reply to

not really this was my assupmtion out of seeing all the connection possiblities. I hoped on the Powerlink connection I can connect an audio input.

Doy ou have any alternative idea to help me out? Important is to be able to connect an audio source (at least as local source) and speakers (best passive for outside use) and play ML distributed sources.

• 01-11-2010 7:11 AM In reply to

But the non B&O TV is not outside right? And you do have a B&O TV in the main room? p.
  • 01-11-2010 7:16 AM In reply to

right.

my setup is as follows:

Main Room: BV8-40 connected with ML to BS3200 and with PL to 2 BL3

Office room: iMac with Beoport and Linkplayer. ML Connected

Saunarium (ground floor): ML Connection socket, Toshiba LCD,

Terrace: next to Saunarium with no connections so far - open for any idea

I have a complete ML network over Ethernet cables in my house.

• 01-11-2010 8:13 AM In reply to

Ok, Place the Beolink Passive in the Saunarium, and connect the speaker that will be on the terrasse. You also need to place the IR receiver outside, B&O can sell you a special box for that. From the terrasse you'll be able to get the audio but also the TV sound, but the TV sound will be provided by the BV8, not the Toshiba. But it is even better as you'll be able to change channel, etc... So you do not need to connect the toshiba to your system at all in my view. p.
  • 01-11-2010 9:19 AM In reply to

OK, This is the solution for the Terrace, but does not bring me into possibility to have another pair of speakers (with a speaker switch) in the Saunarium. If the tone comes from another TV there I guess it will not by synched with the Toshiba LCD... Both TV have different SAT Receivers. 

One way I know would be the usage of BL active and active speakers for this room. but then I need two units (one active and one passive)...

• 01-11-2010 11:10 AM In reply to

I have heard that the Beolink Passive can be used as astandalone amp, with the Powerlink socket being the input.

I am not sure however what triggers it to activate. If you connect a analog source to the Powerlink, do you need to apply a current on some pins to get it to work? Also you would need to connect a source with volume control as you wouldn't be able to control it with the IR. And possibly you could hear 2 sounds if you call a Beosource and watch TV at the same time.

Another possible solution is to chain a Beolink Active (with PC input) to the Beolink Passive by connecting them via Powerlink. The Beolink Passive would not be connected to the masterlink.

Is there an external amplified speaker output on you TV where you could connect the passive speaker to? p.

• 01-11-2010 2:11 PM In reply to

Hi Phil,

What about the Beolink converter 1611? Can this bring an external source to ML network? Seems it has a Audio Aux socket  and a Masterlink on other side...

An ideas welcome.

Heribert

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)