in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-08-2010 7:31 AM by cooldude. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2010 5:13 PM

Boxee Box - announced at CES Las Vegas

http://www.boxee.tv/box

Here is what MacRumo[u]rs has to say ...

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/01/06/ces-begins-boxee-box-by-d-link-and-more/

The Boxee software install for Apple TV has been popular amongst our readers, as it brings access to a much broader variety of content than is accessible through the Apple TV's standard interface, and the launch of Boxee's own hardware box might be appealing to those who don't want to go through the trouble of the unsupported installation process.

Having experimented with Boxee, XBMC at its various skins, PLEX, and Front Row, I don't thing Boxee has much to offer Beophiles

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-07-2010 9:55 PM In reply to

Re: Boxee Box - announced at CES Las Vegas

Love PLEX on my BV8 ... used it last night to combine music and photos as a backdrop to our visitors

But now I am "worried" about all the 3D stuff that is pouring out of CES reports !

http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?p=33376

Better start saving for my 3D camera, my quadraphonic microphone set-up, my 3D BlueRay player/recorder, my 3D TV, my gigabit Cat7 LAN, my ExaByte storage NAS, and the associated BeoLab 5s (how many again will I be needing?) ... with luck by the time I have actually saved the quarter of million dollars there will be an offering from B&O 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-07-2010 10:31 PM In reply to

I would have probably jumped onto the boxee box but it doesn't mention Netflix which is in the US one of the bigger content sources.

I rather drop the money on a max mini and get Beo 4 control and netflix to boot. Lots of interesting stuff but nothing that makes me want to ditch my Apple TV hacked with Boxee.

Holding my breath for the Apple Tablet - probably won't do what I like it to do - namely carry and Itunes library large enough to handle lossless and stream to my BC2

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-08-2010 7:31 AM In reply to

jk1002:

I would have probably jumped onto the boxee box but it doesn't mention Netflix which is in the US one of the bigger content sources.

I rather drop the money on a max mini and get Beo 4 control and netflix to boot. Lots of interesting stuff but nothing that makes me want to ditch my Apple TV hacked with Boxee.

Holding my breath for the Apple Tablet - probably won't do what I like it to do - namely carry and Itunes library large enough to handle lossless and stream to my BC2

JK

I wish a service like netflix would become available in Canada, however I think due to licensing problems this will never happen.

Mac mini for me ... can do anything I want it to do and is easily upgradable.  I just don't see the attraction of boxee. Plex is so much more polished.
    Still waiting for a proper 'B&O' solution, but the mac mini with beoport is doing it just fine for me. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)