in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-29-2011 9:00 AM by Roger. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-28-2011 2:31 PM

Need help in configuration...

Hi to everybody,

please let me know if this is possibe to mix B&O system with different manufacturers.

Sources : Oppo Blu-ray player and Sat HD receiver.
    Displays: Panasonic 65VT30 and JVC DLA-X7 projector.
    Central and surround speakers: In-wall Polk Audio
    B&O Source: Beosound 9000 (CD and FM)
    B&O Front speakers: Beolab 5

I'd like to have Beolab 5 in front, Beosound 9000 as CD and FM source and Beosystem 3 as the controler.

Than connect Beosystem 3 to new Panasonic Plasma screen 65VT30 and JVC X7 projector as video outputs.
    use central and surround in-wall speakers from Polk Audio.

I just want to have an opportunity to listen stereo sound from Beolab 5 and Beosound 9000 and use them in Home Cinema application .

Should I use an AVR receiver to drive those surround and central speaker? Is this configuration correct?
    May I expect any problems connecting Beosystem 3 to Panasonic and JVC?

Please advise.
    Thanks.

• 07-29-2011 9:00 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Re: Need help in configuration...

The short answer: yes, you can.

But there is always a but: mixing active and non-active speakers in a home cinema / surround application will be a challenge. There are many ways to Rome here, but I would have connected the BS9k to the BL5 by power link and S/PDIF - and used the phono conn for hooking the BL5's up the your AVR receiver. Not sure how successfull this integration will be when it comes to sound quality, I guess mixing passive amplification of the in-wall Polk Audio with the BL5's will be a challenge no matter how you attack this task.

The BeoSystem 3 should drive the Panny and the beamer without any problem.

My option A would be getting a BeoLab center and a pair of BeoLab rear's and swap them with the Polk Audio, but as these are in-wall speakers you may want to consider option B: Buy a BeoLab center speaker and a B&O amplifier for the in-wall rears, so you can control the sound from the BeoSystem 3. Spending the money on a BeoLab center speaker instead of an AVR receiver would be my recommendation here.

Roger 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)