in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-01-2007 7:27 AM by Peter. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2007 7:08 AM

Hanging CX100's sideways.

I took apart a CX100 today. The back is plastic with 4 screws holding it to the alum. frame. Then there are 2 smaller screws (central to the other 4) that hold the crossover on. Anyone with Cx100's knows this..

What was interesting is that between the crossover and the plastic cover was about a 2.5cm washer .

That washer is actually "sandwiched" between the crossover and back plastic cover. That washer provides the entire support for the mounting of the speaker.

I'm imagining the hook or Screw head fits into the hole and the "wedging" of this washer holds the speaker. Not very sturdy...but I ahve to say I don't see a reason why they could not be side mounted.

If this does not work, I'll modify the back with internal and external metal supports to hold the speaker.

• 07-01-2007 7:27 AM In reply to

Re: Hanging CX100's sideways.

The CX100s are ridiculously simple speakers internally, unlike the outwardly very similar C75s which have a Log line construction. The surprising thing is that the sound is pretty similar - the C75s sometimes being described as slightly sweeter. The drive units also differ - the C75 ones cost twice as much!

On that note, apparently the BL9s are also pretty basic in construction with no internal padding inside and the internal amplifier exposed inside with no cover. The shell was also described to me as having the characteristics of a plastic dustbin! Once again however, as has been seen in the reviews, they sound very good! Laughing 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)