in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-23-2009 2:13 PM by Gunfai. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-27-2009 11:06 AM

No picture just sound on an Avant - confirmed as not the tube

I have just had a call from the repair shop who has confirmed that my no picture but sound ok fault on my Avant is definately not the picture tube - it is the line output.

Whilst still a fairly cost repair - the service indicators are showing that despite being manufactured in 1998 - it has only been used for 296 days (7,000 hours) so should be good for a good while to come.

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions and advice to my earlier post.

• 06-08-2009 9:15 AM In reply to

Re: No picture just sound on an Avant - confirmed as not the tube

Line output?

My Avant just gave the same fault. Sound but no Picture. Tube ok and glowing. It sometimes gives correct picture for half a second when I change from SAT to TV. When I turn it on then it sometimes shows the start of the curtain phase.

No menu.

Did they only swap a card or did they actually do some repair work?

• 06-08-2009 10:05 AM In reply to

If you see a picture for a very short time, then it could be a fault in the line output stage, the power line could be low causing the line oscillator to stop running. If you have young "Ears" you should be able to hear the change in frequency.

No matter what the cause you will need a B&O/TV engineer to fix this problem.

Regards Keith....

• 12-23-2009 2:13 PM In reply to

I changed the cards wiith another Avant and it was a tube problem.Angry

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)