in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-22-2009 6:30 PM by andreabang. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-22-2009 10:34 AM

Loudness or not?

this is my configuration: BV 4-50 with 7.1 as front speaker , two BeoLab 3 as Front speaker and 2 Beolab 4000 as rear speaker. 

On the menu setting should i let Loudness active or not?Loudness could improve quality sound or not?

ps: on January my dealer should upgrade my BS3,could i finally use my tv with the Beo4?

• 12-22-2009 11:16 AM In reply to

Re: Loudness or not?

Hi there,

I'm talking only for myself, but looking at the speakers in your setup, I'd say "NO PLEASE" to the loudness option, your Lab 7-1 goes down to 37 Hz, and the Lab 3 produce enough bass as well, and I think loudness would only be an option if you watch a nice movie at night at a lower volume than usual and don't want to disturb the neighbours. Besides, the loudness will affect all speakers, and since they are all different in your setup, might degrade the overall experience.

If you had had a setup with 4 x BeoLab 4, maybe I would have said "yes" right away! 

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 12-22-2009 12:23 PM In reply to

i've forgotten to say that i have a beolab 2 like subwoofer!

i read somewhere that loudness was a solution to give more performance in low-quality speaker,a solution that an audiophile reject from the beginning...am i right???

since i think that b&o speaker are far from to be a low-quality speaker, i was a bit confused from this option on my beovision

• 12-22-2009 1:34 PM In reply to

andreabang:
    i read somewhere that loudness was a solution to give more performance in low-quality speaker,a solution that an audiophile reject from the beginning...am i right???

Chris has got it right... Think "low volume" not "low quality."

(e.g.) I use loudness in my office room or at night when the kiddos are sleeping, otherwise -it is off.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-22-2009 6:26 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

The Loudness option just working up to vol 30-40 and then it fades away, so it´s only there for when you are playing low..

So you can set it to Yes

BL8000 MkII Black

• 12-22-2009 6:30 PM In reply to

are you really sure? well this is a clever setting!

THX

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)