in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-22-2009 9:15 AM by ernie. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-22-2009 6:04 AM

Avant Pro Logic Board - Fitting

Hi there

I have an old Avant and have put in a Pro Logic Card - there was one cable which I connected to the main board and beleive I got it right the way round. The problem is that it is not registering the card and the options for speakers do not come up. I tried reversing the cable but the TV does not switch on out of standby, therefore am assuming the cable is connected correctly.

Is there something I have missed - is there an option in the setup menu or have I forgotten another cable or si the board simply dead?

Any help much appreciated.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 12-22-2009 6:50 AM In reply to

Re: Avant Pro Logic Board - Fitting

There are some other bits in the fitting instructions that go on about a fuse / capacitor / something else if my memory serves me right.

Might be worth upgrading to Silver to get hold of the manual.

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 12-22-2009 7:38 AM In reply to

Thanks - going to upgrade tomorrow - I think that the extra bits were for the DD one rather than pro

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 12-22-2009 9:15 AM In reply to

Installing the Pro Logic decoder is relatively easy and needs no further messing around in the setup menu. Fit the decoder in its place with flat cable fitted. The other end of the cable goes in a connection on the other side of the board so you need to tilt the chassis slightly to accomodate the placement.

Afte that it is reconnecting and the surr module is atau detected which you can see in the menu where you can adjust some settings in the sound menu

Good luck

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)