in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-18-2009 3:10 PM by Christian. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-18-2009 5:16 AM

Recommend me a playlist!

I've just added a BL3500 to my system in the dining room and over Christmas I'll be listening quite a lot with friends etc. - So what should I be playing that will sound good on it?..

I have a BL PC2, so will take most of my music from spotify or we7 , so the choice is reasonably large. I'm looking for some eclectic choices which might be outside my normal selections. Any genres and eras welcome!

• Beosound 3000 (NMUSIC)
    • Beolab 4000
    • Beolink Active w/Beovox 3800 Surprise
    • Beolab 2000
    • Beolab 3500
    • Beolink PC-2
    Filed under:
  • 12-18-2009 5:48 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: Recommend me a playlist!

Christian:

I've just added a BL3500 to my system in the dining room and over Christmas I'll be listening quite a lot with friends etc. - So what should I be playing that will sound good on it?..

I have a BL PC2, so will take most of my music from spotify or we7 , so the choice is reasonably large. I'm looking for some eclectic choices which might be outside my normal selections. Any genres and eras welcome!

Hi Christian,

Several years ago we compiled a "Now that's what I call Beoworld" double album on a WedThred©. Posters picked their favourite tracks for the "album", the idea being what would you want to hear playing if you went into a dealers. I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for but here is the track listing -

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-18-2009 5:51 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Alternatively, the following Christmas, we compiled a "Now that's what I call a Beoworld Christmas" album. -

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-18-2009 5:53 AM In reply to

I often listen to Radio Paradise. To me, most of the selections are good or at least interesting, and most importantly at least half of it I've never heard before! (minimal talk & no commercials nor jingles doesn't hurt either)

And they are not lying about the sound quality. The 128k AAC+ stream is amazing considering the moderate bit rate.

-mika

• 12-18-2009 3:10 PM In reply to

Thank you folks - exactly what I was looking for! Smile

• Beosound 3000 (NMUSIC)
    • Beolab 4000
    • Beolink Active w/Beovox 3800 Surprise
    • Beolab 2000
    • Beolab 3500
    • Beolink PC-2
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)