in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-17-2009 5:54 AM by solderon29. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2009 5:44 PM

• sapper
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Beocentre 9300

Hi to all from Sapper. I read all your messages last night but could not find the "Post a message" position on the web page. However, after some kind help from Graham Stapleton, I did the 'normal', close it all down and restart again, in my case the day afterwards! This time lucky!

Now , more help required! Please,  About eighteen months or so age I purchased a Beocentre 9300 from Lifestyle. This had been in storage for some time by the previous owner and was in 'Mint' condition. Their engineer said that it was easily the best one for its year that he had seen. It has run successfully when used since then, until a few months ago

It suddenly developed some strong interference on both of the speakers, a droning or deep buzzing noise. At the same time or around this time it also showed another fault. At start up, having pressed CD the system would light showing the stations for the CD but would not play at all, instead it appears to 'lock up', leaving all the control lights lit but none are available? It will not switch off and requires disconnection from the main supply.After reconnection, further attempts give the same result. However, if the the tape player is selected at start up, it works perfectly apart from the speaker interference. Also, whilst the tape player has been in operation for five minutes or so, selection then of the CD works perfectly on at least 60% of the occasions, giving very good results apart from the speaker interference as before. The other occasions give the 'lock up' results as previous. To us it is a 'mystery'!

Also to a couple of 'B&O fitters'? who came to help with the recent analogue performances! Their talk of the 'impossibilities' of getting parts etc. seemed only to lead to the tip! Reading many of the reports on these posts gave us a lot more hope at least. We were not very impressed with the men that came really. I hope that someone can give me some guidance. Thank you, Sapper (Alan)

Also, Best wishes to all for Christmas and the coming New Year! 

How do I enter a new post and where?

• 12-17-2009 5:54 AM In reply to

Re: Beocentre 9300

It's a poorly bunnie is'nt it?

Great unit,and from your description,it seems well worth attention.Does'nt sound like a major problem either,but you will need help from someone like Graham,rather than general repairers.

Parts are becoming a problem now,but there are many of us incurable enthusiasts about who are able to keep the old kit going.In fairness to the trade though,this sort of work is uneconomical within the constraints of normal business overheads.Hence the attitude.

Rest assured the,you have many options other than the dump yet?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)