in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-02-2009 5:16 PM by Jonathan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2009 10:14 PM

BeoLab 4 PC's in a surround setup

I asked this question in another thread but it got lost within, so I thought I'd start a new one...

Years ago I bought a pair of BL 4 PC's which were never installed. They don't have Powerlink, but they have signal-detection auto on-off. To find some use for them, would they function as rears in a surround setup, hooked up to say a BV 10? This is a strange combination I know, but it's only because they're already in my possession. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work, but would like an expert to reassure me before I drill holes in the ceiling!

Thanks, Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

• 12-02-2009 10:19 AM In reply to

Re: BeoLab 4 PC's in a surround setup

No experts available? Peter, Lee, Trip...? Guess I'll just have to try it when the BV 10 comes and report, not that anyone would be interested in the results. As I said, an unusual combination.

Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

• 12-02-2009 5:05 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I'm not an expert by any means - I got rid of my surround sound a few years ago... but I think the BL4 would make a decent rear speaker, and, according to my dealer, it's not that unusual... he told me that he has sold many for rear speakers - they're small and pack a decent punch for their size... good WAF.  I also think their bass would be enhanced with wall mounting.  I use them in my bedroom and they work quite well for this purpose.  Most on the forum don't like them, but they probably don't own them either...  I'd say give them a shot...  (although I would try them with the TV before drilling - if the room is large, they might be too small - and everybody hears differently Smile).

Stan

• 12-02-2009 5:16 PM In reply to

I like the Beolab 4s, and I think the PC bversion are a bargain! All you need are mini jack to powerlink cables and they work a treat. I think they'd suit as rears in your setup. You will need to get the mounting brackets if you don't have them already.

I would consider even mounting them to the wall quite high up rather than to the ceiling. The angle of the speakers willdirect to your seating position a lot better.

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)