in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-25-2007 7:06 AM by beoaus. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-23-2007 10:56 PM

Beolink Passive (again....)

My apology for the continued Beolink Passive questions.

1) Since the Passive kit will accept Powerlink or Masterlink inputs..

2) If I use the Powerlink will I have full control of the main system?? or....do I need Masterlink for that..??

Thanks,

• 06-24-2007 3:44 AM In reply to

Re: Beolink Passive (again....)

You should have the instruction book! Powerlink carries no instructions, just data. You can download the instruction book from the official site or , if you join as a Silver member here, you can download all the manuals for your system including some the official site does not have. You need Masterlink.
  • 06-24-2007 4:56 PM In reply to

on old sound systems you have full control whit powerlink or datalink (if you use master control link) or datalink only ( if you use Ir eye to the beolink passiv.

if the sound system have masterlink only masterlink works with master control link an Ir eye,only Powerlink if speakers is to be control from beosound    

• 06-25-2007 7:06 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Not sure what you are trying to do here.

In a link room you need the passive connnected to masterlink and the IR Eye. Otherwise you cannot turn the amp on or select a source and change volume.

In the same room as your audio source you can connect powerlink without masterlink. The audio sources powerlink socket (or TV powerlink)  are connected via fully wired powerlink cable to the passive. When you activate the audio source the passive will turn on. In my case the IT eye was not needed.

Hope that helps

Beoaus

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)