in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-22-2009 6:45 PM by DoubleU. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-21-2009 1:54 PM

Doors open with Beo4 on BeoCenter 2

Is there a code which you can press on a Beo4 which then opens doors on BeoCenter 2.

I could be cool Smile

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoCenter 2 DAB/DVD mk.II
    • BeoVision 7-40 DVD mk.III
    • BeoLab Penta mk.III
    • BeoLab 4000 icepower
    • BeoLab 4000
    • BeoLab 3500
    • Beo 5
    • Beo 4 mk.I & mk.III
    •  
    • Beocom 6000
    •  
    • A8 Earphones

• 12-21-2009 5:43 PM In reply to

Re: Doors open with Beo4 on BeoCenter 2

I think not, but I'd love to be proved wrong. I couldn't figure out any way to open the door without physically pressing the button on the unit itself. The only time that it opens the door automatically is when I turn it on and there's no CD inside, it'll open the door.

I remember reading before that the logic behind this (lack of button to open the door) is that if you want to swap disks, you'll have to go over to the unit anyway, so might as well press the button yourself.

• 12-22-2009 8:10 AM In reply to

beomud:

I remember reading before that the logic behind this (lack of button to open the door) is that if you want to swap disks, you'll have to go over to the unit anyway, so might as well press the button yourself.

Yes it is true, but on all DVD players today, there is an eject button on the remote.

And on my Beo5 I have just made an 'eject' button so I only have to submit a DVD in, so I get rid of pressing the button below the screen.

Therefore, I could well imagine such a button in my BeoCenter 2 DVD / DAB

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoCenter 2 DAB/DVD mk.II
    • BeoVision 7-40 DVD mk.III
    • BeoLab Penta mk.III
    • BeoLab 4000 icepower
    • BeoLab 4000
    • BeoLab 3500
    • Beo 5
    • Beo 4 mk.I & mk.III
    •  
    • Beocom 6000
    •  
    • A8 Earphones

• 12-22-2009 9:59 AM In reply to

Tillquist:

Yes it is true, but on all DVD players today, there is an eject button on the remote.

I'd say the minority. Actually I think none of the DVD/BD players I've used had that.

I believe that the real reason for not having this function is that if you can eject remotely (perhaps even from another room without actually seeing the device), an opening door or tray could drop something off the shelf or table.

-mika

• 12-22-2009 11:22 AM In reply to

I think I understand the B&O logic in the absence of a load/eject button on the remotes, and I 100% understand this logic:

a remote control is a ..remote (!) unit, that's used away from the system you want to control, and obviously, if you want to load/eject a cd/DVD, it means you're already in front of the player, so why do you want to press on the remote for that, if you're already in front of your BeoCenter or BeoVision/BeoSound?? Hmm

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 12-22-2009 6:45 PM In reply to

Pressing DVD, and holding STOP for a few seconds, ejects the loader on an Avant. Not sure if it works on a BC2.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)