in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-22-2010 2:51 PM by chaser. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-14-2010 2:11 PM

• xasaca
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-09-2009
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

BV7 mkIII versus BV7 mkIV / BV10

My dealer has offered to buy my two years old Beovision 7 40” MKIII+BeoLab 7.2  for a value of 7.000€  if I buy a new one.  Do you think it is worth to change to a BV7 MKIV or to move to a new BV10 also 40”. Also there is the possibility to update the mkIII with a DVD-HD and a BluRay but the panel will remain 50Mhz compared with the 100mHZ of the MkIV.  Regarding the quality of the sound, my nowadays set up include 2 BeoLab6000 in the front, 2 BeoLab 3 in the rear and a BeoLab 2, so how it will be the sound of my setting up with a BV10? Is there any big difference in quality panel between BV7 mkIII versus BV7 mkIV

In the case I decide to change to a MkIV, do you think it will be better to change the BL 7.2 to a vertical BV 7.4  according my loudspeakers set up?

Thanks

• 02-14-2010 2:43 PM In reply to

Re: BV7 mkIII versus BV7 mkIV / BV10

Firstly I would move your Beolab 3 to the front and the 6000 to the rear.

I would not swap the MK3 panel and neither would I change.  I would get a PS3, use the STB-C control (or have the software upgraded) for blu-ray (upscales standard DVD's also).

BV10 is good but does not have the connectvity or audio performance of the Beovision/lab 7 series.  Picture may be comparable, my advice is to stick where you are, maybe get a software upgraded.

• 02-14-2010 3:16 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

xasaca:

My dealer has offered to buy my two years old Beovision 7 40” MKIII+BeoLab 7.2  for a value of 7.000€  if I buy a new one. 

That's a very good price! You wouldn't get that for a MKIII in the UK!

There's definitely a difference between the 'old' MKIII 50Hz and the very latest MKIV 100Hz, but....only in HD. SD is worse! They seem to have optimised the picture with sw 7.05 so that HD is even sharper, but SD more pixelated. So, if you watch a lot of standard definition TV, don't upgrade.

I don't think the internal Blu-ray is an advantage. Not for the amount of money they require. Just use an external drive. The internal drive doesn't even support some of the HD audio standards, which is plain crazy.

I don't like the BL 6000s. I'd definitely swap those out and replace them with a 7.4 + BL3s at the front and BL3s at the rear. Keep your BL2 and this setup will be close to the level of a BL9 setup. You'll notice a *bigger* difference moving up to the BL3s+7.4+BL2 setup than moving from the MKIII to the MKIV.

• 02-21-2010 9:54 AM In reply to

The MK111 performs very well when updated to software version 7.05

A Mk4 is not going to give you a lot more for the extra cash involved.

BD upgrade kit has several issues that current software has not resolved.

It is around 1.5k for the upgrade.PS3 will do more for you and run stable on Blue Ray.It does Profile 2 disks as well which the upgrade has problems with.No network connection for example.

The offer you got is more than you will get from UK dealers.Keep the MK3 i`d say.

• 02-22-2010 8:27 AM In reply to

Well, i assume the 7.000 is provided you buy a new MK IV at full price. SO yes the 7.000 seems alot, but maybe it isnt. The real question is really, how much do you need to pay additionally to upgrade?. Remember to have DVB-HD fittet in your MK III also costs alot, so as other mention, it really depends what you need. If you do not use DVB-HD or bluray and only want to have the new panel with 100 Hz, why not just get the MK IV screen without bluray and DVB-HD, this will save you some money. You can as mentioned, then buy a PS3 for Bluray playback etc.

The issues experienced with the new BV-7 is really only issues related to the DVB-HD and Bluray.

I would really ask your dealer how much he wants for a non Bluray, maybe non DVB-HD BV7-40 MK IV if you swap.

Regarding your speaker choice, i would definitely go for the 7-4 regardless if you upgrade or not. The 7-4 is a mono speaker designed to be center in a surround setup and will therefore perform so much better in your setup.

Finally, i would never swap my 7-40 for a 10-40 as the BV 7 is far superior in terms of connections, processing etc. Take a look at this thread.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/32048.aspx

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 02-22-2010 2:51 PM In reply to

I don`t think the BV8 and 10 are true Denmark built!

Arn`t those made in an Eastern Republic somewhere?

They may even have out sourced main chassis but then i`m not sure.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)