in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-09-2009 4:27 PM by Dillen. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2009 2:16 PM

cdx 000?

hi everyone, purchased a cdx player which arrived by post today,removed transit screws and it also even had the card in the cd which i removed, i then left it to warm up for 2hrs,when i connected it all up everything works but when pressing play disc wont spin,and ? mark appears in digital display, i dont really want to send it back if it is an easy fix but as i am not electronically minded i may have no choice,the condition of it is simply outstounding so i am dissapointed it wont play .......help!Sad

• 12-09-2009 2:39 PM In reply to

Re: cdx 000?

Glen

The ? appears when the deck can't register that a disc is present in the player. Sometimes this can happen when loading the CD if it slips down a little off the platter, then when the lid closes the spindle doesn't line up with the hole in the centre of the CD. Have a check to make sure the CD is sited properly on that platter!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 12-09-2009 3:07 PM In reply to

hi john, have checked and rechecked but to no avail any other ideas? thanks so much for your help glen.

• 12-09-2009 3:24 PM In reply to

In that case then it's likely to be an electronic issue and I'm not very electronically minded! Someone else may be able to help you though!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 12-09-2009 4:27 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Typical for a Beogram CD X, especially after moving/transporting it.
    Cracked solder joints in the power supply and/or those dreadful rivet vias
    on the servo board.
    Repairs to this machine are generally a bit time consuming but usually
    not impossible and expensive parts are rarely needed.
    A bit goofy if you haven't done CD X's before.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)