in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-17-2009 10:02 AM by tournedos. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-16-2009 6:29 PM

Linking Beogram 6002 to non-B&O amp

I need some expert advice.....hence my post.

To summarise, I have a Boegram 6002 which I want to connect to a non-B&O amp (Denon AVR 2808) but not entirely sure what type of cable I need.

I'm sure most of you know the Beogram has a 7 pin din output connector which I suspect is internally earthed.  The amp has normal phono inputs and a separate ground: http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/avr2808/rearlrg.jpg

I've also heard, I might need a separate pre-amp.  Any ideas?

Thanks, Jay

• 11-17-2009 1:55 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Re: Linking Beogram 6002 to non-B&O amp

Hi Jay,

Check this article - http://www.beoworld.org/article_view.asp?id=67

It shows your BG6002 as NOT having a built-in RIAA pre-amp.

Even though your Denon has a Phono input, it may or may not have a built-in RIAA pre-amp, and you'd have to do some research on your own to confirm that.

If the Denon does not have a built-in RIAA pre-amp, you'd have to get a 3rd party unit. Seems like everybody and his cousin are making them these days, with very wide variations in quality and price. Personally, I cannot recommend you a unit.

For Physical connectors, you need a 7-pin DIN female to 2 RCA male, the length as you like, but it should be as short as possible.

Check out Sounds Heavenly - a member on this forum, for cables.

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 11-17-2009 7:14 AM In reply to

Thanks for the quick response Menahem

Jay

• 11-17-2009 9:57 AM In reply to

You can unscrew the two extra pins in the DIN plug as it is much easier to find a 5 pin DIN to RCA adapter. Only one of these pins is active anyway and that is for datalink which will be of no use. The earth for the Beogram goes to the casing of the DIN plug - most adapters will include a flying earth lead as well as the 2 RCAs.

• 11-17-2009 10:02 AM In reply to

And the usual addendum - DO NOT LOSE THE PINS! Tape them to the cable Big Smile

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)