in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-22-2007 9:17 AM by Stars. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2007 6:10 AM

Serene Picture messages problem

I have a serene which I love, in fact had it for well over a year now, longest Ive ever had a particular phone for. Yes it has quirks, but i can live with them. My biggest issue at the moment is that when I receive a picture from someone it comes through as really small, 2cms x 2 cms...this makes it really hard to view it with it being so small. The screen size is obviously much bigger so why does this happen?. I have saved the images to my phone & reopened them hoping it would resize them but it doesnt, they just stay tiny, which is so annoying when the screen quality is so good.

Does anyone know if there are any settings to alter this?...I cannot find any

Thanks

• 06-20-2007 3:11 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Serene Picture messages problem

I know there was a software upgrade to do with picture messaging, but i can't be sure this was the problem. Anyone?

Lee 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-20-2007 3:12 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Bump.

I have this problem too. anybody help?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-20-2007 3:30 PM In reply to

I think this is down to the network - the size is set by default for sending and recieving? Try sending a full size photo and see what happens...

I am sure I get the same size when I send or recieve... anyone else confirm this?

• 06-22-2007 6:44 AM In reply to

Nope, its not the network, its something to do with the way the phone handles it. I have sent the same pics onto several people on various networks including my own 02 and they get nice big pics...the serene is doing something to cause this problem....help!...I wonder if it is something they have updated. It is obviously makes picture messaging pretty useless to use on the phone, very annoying!
  • 06-22-2007 9:17 AM In reply to

I have never had much luck with MMS. Either I had to go to the shop and subscribe to MMS with my network, or my cell phone had funny settings etc. Since then I've given up!

Just use your Bluey if you can, or ask people to email you the photos instead, the images will look much better on your computer as well.

Check you've got the latest software as Lee mentioned before.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)