in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-10-2009 5:56 PM by Franco_Sydney. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2009 8:41 AM

Connecting a Beolab 7-2 to a non-B&O plasma...

Hello all,

I'd like to know what my options are if I'm trying to connect a Beolab 7-2 active speaker (gift from a very kind mate moving to Hong Kong) to my Pioneer plasma via a Rotel av system (pre & power amps).  I've purchased a B&O powerlink cable with an RCA attachment but evidently the Rotel won't power the Beolab 7-2 (when connected to the pre-amp centre speaker input) - the 7-2 doesn't power-up

When I called B&O they suggested that perhaps my only option was purchasing a Beosystem 3 (to act a a receiver for my plasma etc) .... is this so? 

Also, just been browsing the site and I'm amazed at how much info there is - what an excellent reference and online community... very happy to be a member.

Many thanks
    Franco 

• 11-10-2009 9:29 AM In reply to

Re: Connecting a Beolab 7-2 to a non-B&O plasma...

Franco,

The BeoLab 7 is one of the small group of speakers that does not have a "line in" option. It can, however, be used with a special adaptor that wires in an AC trigger to the turn on pin. It's about $50 here in the US, but I think it's also a locally produced part. We call it the BeoLab 2 Line Adaptor since it was initially developed for the subwoofer. I'm sure your local dealer can get ahold of one.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 11-10-2009 5:56 PM In reply to

Re: Connecting a Beolab 7-2 to a non-B&O plasma...

Many thanks TripE.  I'll get in touch with my local B&O outlet and let you know how I go!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)