in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-17-2010 8:23 AM by henrik. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2010 12:25 PM

• henrik
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 299
    • Founder

MCL2AV Local sources

Hi all,

I've got an MCL2AV in my bedroom, it's used as an Xtra TV-kit - a two-way MX4000 is connected to it, no external transceiver and no external speakers. I have also connected my computer to the tape input on the MCL2AV, and since my computer isn't beolink-compatible I use the shift+radio+6 command to activate the input. This works fine as long as the tv is already switched on when I activate the tape input.

my question is: how do I activate the tape input (on the MCL2AV) if the tv isn't already on? If the tv is in standby mode, nothing happens when I press shift+radio+6, and if I press tape or link-tape the livingroom taperecorder starts.

I simply want to find a way to activate the local room inputs without activating the mainroom system and without activating the picture tube on the local tv. Any suggestions?

• 01-06-2010 6:02 PM In reply to

Re: MCL2AV Local sources

This may be a partial assistance ... try "muting" your picture with a P-MUTE soft button added to your Beo4

But I suspect you will always have to activate the basic function of the BV as an integration hub to have the tape command flow through ...

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-17-2010 8:23 AM In reply to

• henrik
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 299
    • Founder

Re: MCL2AV Local sources

Hi,

Thanks for you advice! However, my old mx4000 seems to have the picture tube "on" (but displaying a black picture) when I use the p-mute function. I guess there is no real solution for using non-b&o local sources this way.

Henrik

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)