in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-22-2007 5:57 AM by Iconic-AV. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2007 1:04 PM

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Link frequency

My link TV has started to show wavy lines like interference. Is it just a case of selecting a different freq on the master TV to correct this?
  • 06-20-2007 2:11 PM In reply to

Re: Link frequency

Yes - though it is sometimes quite difficult to get rid of it. Mine depends a bit on atmospheric conditions.
  • 06-21-2007 8:10 AM In reply to

Using double screened CT100 link RF (Aerial) cable will resolved the problem. The cable is about 2mm larger in diametre than standard 75 ohm RF cable, and not so flexable, but it solves the problem.

Regards Keith....

• 06-21-2007 10:39 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Peter:
    Yes - though it is sometimes quite difficult to get rid of it. Mine depends a bit on atmospheric conditions.

It cleared up by itself. Coincidentally when the weather cleared up. Could that be it? It was the SAT/SKY picture which had the interference even tho the master TV was clear.

• 06-21-2007 10:40 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Keith Saunders:
    Using double screened CT100 link RF (Aerial) cable will resolved the problem. The cable is about 2mm larger in diametre than standard 75 ohm RF cable, and not so flexable, but it solves the problem.

Is that the combined COAX/Masterlink cable you mentioned in another post? 

• 06-21-2007 11:23 AM In reply to

No its not, the combined COAX/Masterlink cable is still very good from a screening viewpoint, but if you want the very best, then I would go for the FT100/CT100 Coax cable.

Cable

Satellite TV Cable FT100
    • Superior quality double-screened, ultra low loss coaxial cable
    • Screening comprises a continuous copper-mylar foil beneath a conventional braided copper screen
    • Ideal for extending satellite cable runs
    • 5-celled polyethylene insulator, sheathed overall in black or white PVC
    • Compatible with CT100 cable and connectors
    • Overall diameter 6.6mm, impedance 75 ohms

Regards Keith....

• 06-21-2007 3:28 PM In reply to

i had the same wavy lines on the link bv3 on both tv and link dvd from the avant, changing the frequency sorted it out for me , although i may now consider the ft100 cable

does anyone know if there are any advantages / disadvantages to having more than 1 rf modulator in a link system of 3+ b+o tvs?

also is there a particular multi output ariel distribution amplifier than anyone can recommend?  

jay

jason

• 06-21-2007 3:56 PM In reply to

I suggest you use the standard B&O link amplifier pictured below

Link Amp

It comes in two version and costs about £70. If you are in the UK you should order the type 4053 which has the return path P/N 1405366

Regards Keith....

• 06-21-2007 4:04 PM In reply to

Good tip! I'll try that!
  • 06-21-2007 4:36 PM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

I suggest you use the standard B&O link amplifier pictured below

Link Amp

It comes in two version and costs about £70. If you are in the UK you should order the type 4053 which has the return path P/N 1405366

thanks keith,

i didnt know b+o did one, am i right in thinking it is designed to slot into the back of a beovision casing or am i just wishfull thinking,

also have you ever used these or compared them to others on the market,

although id like it to be b+o id rather the best quality link pictures possible regardless of make in this case

regards jay

jason

• 06-22-2007 2:07 AM In reply to

B&O RF Link Amplifier -- Nice to know information

The B&O RF amplifier was first introduced in November 2005 and at that time recommended to people purchasing BeoVision 7's with one or more link TV's. It has several benefits over normal amplifiers you may purchase and the following are a few of the key points:-

• It uses "F" Connectors as used on satellite cable instead of the standard aerial plugs which means there is a better 75 ohm impedance match which in turn means less likely to have patterning etc on the link TV and less loss of signal.
    • Unlike normal RF amplifiers it has two inputs, one is your aerial and the other is the output of the RF link from your BeoVision because it is perfectly diplexed within the amplifer, your analogue picture on your link TV will remain perfect regardless of the state of the RF output of your BeoVision.
    • Where you have strong/weak signals on either input, the amplification can be adjusted by switches

Almost no one seems to know about this B&O RF amplifier including BeoWorld because its not in the product list, so I will be providing Lee with a writeup for the site in due course.

It is not designed to go on teh back of the BeoVision. It has a slide on bracket which is intended to be screwed to the wall

Regards Keith....

• 06-22-2007 5:02 AM In reply to

Re: B&O RF Link Amplifier -- Nice to know information

Also see FAQ on the B&O RF Link Amplifier HERE

Regards Keith....

• 06-22-2007 5:57 AM In reply to

Re: B&O RF Link Amplifier -- Nice to know information

Keith Saunders:
    Also see FAQ on the B&O RF Link Amplifier HERE

thanks keith,

the FAQ link is very helpful,  very clear and easy to understand,

im very impressed, cheers