in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2009 12:42 PM by moreton. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2009 12:42 PM

BeoMedia 1 - it's gone down again, can anyone help please?

Hi,

After eventually managing to get my BeoMedia set up again after moving a while ago it worked like a dream, yes really!

Last week my wireless router packed up and with it the connection between the BeoMedia 1 and my mac. I installed a new netgear router from Virgin last Friday which seems to be working as it should with my mac and the other pc's in the house, but needless to say the Beomedia will not pick it up. I click the BeoConnect icon and it just comes back with 'cannot connect to B&O product, please check ip address/computer name, password or network connection.

I have tried turning the power to the Beomedia off and leaving it a few minuted before turning back on to no effect, I have also tried re-booting, again with no effect. The wifi card (or whatever it's called) in the back of the Beomedia has orange and green lights flashing. I've also opened the netgear 'smart wizard' to see if I can put the Beomedia details in myself, but I don't really know what I'm doing so I thought it best to leave it rather than bringing the whole network down. 

I really don't know what else to do. My local B&O has closed up and whenever I have tried to get tech information from head office no one ever calls back.

If someone can come up with a solution I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you,

David. 

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)