in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-27-2009 4:57 PM by tpickering. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2009 3:00 PM

Beovision LX5500 is overheating.

TV picture looks fine but ... the smell of cooking led me to look inside. Noted R23 on main board is clearly burned and board around it is stained brown. D8 and D9 are in the same stained area. I can replace R23 but would like advice, please, on the most likely cause of the defect and therefore other relevant components which you recommend should be replaced while the set in dismantled state. Thank you.

• 10-19-2009 6:19 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision LX5500 is overheating.

If the TV picture looks fine, than what's the 'defect' you're referring to ? (if it's working there's no defective part).

What might be an idea is to clean the inside with a brush and vacuum cleaner, maybe this takes the smell away..not sure what boiling lead smells like :).

• 10-27-2009 4:57 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision LX5500 is overheating.

Thank you for your response. I've given the chassis a good clean - with airduster, brush and "vac" - so I'm happy it isn't dirty. You're right, a defective part is not affecting the picture. However, the smell of burning "pcb" is off-putting - and there are clear scorch marks on the board around the resistor R23 - hence my wish to replace it and any other vulnerable component alongside before putting the back on again.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)